Freaking out a little bit

Banjo456

Bronze
Apr 27, 2008
ok I don't know what I did but I can't install anything or uninstall anything youtube cannot connect what I'd wrong with my iPhone

Banjo456

Bronze
Apr 27, 2008
I finally got SSH working and everything and now nothing else will work I know that there are fixes but I don't know what they are and I tried all of the youtube fixes and none of them worked

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
try refreshing community s==ources and turning on airplane mode

Banjo456

Bronze
Apr 27, 2008
tried both with no result when I turn on airplane mode it doesn't help in any way at all

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
What jailbreak method did you use? After this amount of time, honestly a restore would likely be a quicker solution.

If you do go for a restore, it is important to choose to setup a *new* partnership with iTunes, not restore from backup - so make sure you have all your contacts / photos etc. on your computer and can sync them back afterwards ...

Banjo456

Bronze
Apr 27, 2008
I used ziPhone and if i restore clicking on new partnership what does that do exactly

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I used ziPhone and if i restore clicking on new partnership what does that do exactly
If you're using ZiPhone I think you may want to make sure you use one of the 2.5 (a,b,c etc.) versions of it, rather than the current 3.x versions. I've heard 3.x is more problematic.

New partnership just starts fresh in terms of the sync partnership between the iPhone and iTunes - it does not restore back any settings etc.. It does NOT mean you need new activation or anything contractual - it's just a new sync relationship and doing this has been known to get FAR better results for most folks ....

Banjo456

Bronze
Apr 27, 2008
how to I check which ziPhone version it is and does that effect the restore

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
how to I check which ziPhone version it is and does that effect the restore
As soon as you launch the app, it should say in its status bar (for Version 3 anyway) what version it is. It also shows you the version number when you click the download link at the ZiPhone site.

Not sure what you mean by 'does that effect the restore" - but if you mean should you still restore as a new partnership rather than restore from backup, then yes - do that regardless of which version you run ...