Free 4S or $200 for 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Nur2652, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Nur2652

Nur2652 Member
    Bronze

I have the 4 with AT&T and its 27 months old and is crapping out on me. Best But will actually give me $230 trade in value for the phone. So I can get a FREE 4S, or should I pay the $200 and renew AT&T contract. I guess I need to know or find out of I trade on phone to Best Buy if I can use credit for a 5. I'm thinking I can't do that, but you guys know a lot more than me about this. Thanks...

2. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

You can trade in for the 5 with bestbuy trade in program or sell on gazelle.com, eBay Craigslist etc

3. AZIANAPPLE

AZIANAPPLE Member
    Bronze

Upgrade to the New iPhone

4. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Do not blow your upgrade now. You are so close. Hang in for a few weeks and then jump to the iPhone 5. Any discount afforded you now, will be available when the 5 comes.

5. Wademvp91

Wademvp91 Member
    Bronze

Dude if there is anyway possible I say wait. We are literally just 9 days from the expected announcement

6. btitus

btitus Contributor
    Silver

Wait!

Sent from my iPhone4 using iCafe app

7. AZIANAPPLE

AZIANAPPLE Member
    Bronze

This is what I meant

8. Johnwolves

Johnwolves Member
    Bronze

Wait for the new iPhone. After all it's only a couple of weeks away!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

9. Nur2652

Nur2652 Member
    Bronze

Thanks yeah I was wanting to wait. But my main question was will best buy give me the same offer on the 5? I'm sure with the demand they might not want to essentially give me a free phone after I trade mine in.

10. AZIANAPPLE

AZIANAPPLE Member
    Bronze

When you say the “same offer”, do you mean what you described for the iPhone 5 offer from AT&T?

11. AZIANAPPLE

AZIANAPPLE Member
    Bronze

Honestly, I think the value of the iPhone 4 will go down if you wait to sell after the new iPhone releases. Best buy might not give the same amount for your iPhone 4 but instead will probably give you a lower price point for your idevice. You should ask AT&T.

12. Nur2652

Nur2652 Member
    Bronze

AziApple, yeah you got it. That's what I meant, best buy will give 230 now but I wanted to know if that same offer is available when the 5 comes out. I was thinking the same that you posted, that the value will go down. Even if they give me $100. I can get the 5 for $100. But you brought up a great point, I'm going to just have to go ask best buy and Apple and see. Thanks.

13. AZIANAPPLE

AZIANAPPLE Member
    Bronze

Your very welcome

14. AZIANAPPLE

AZIANAPPLE Member
    Bronze

You should also check your wireless carrier to see what promotions and deals they have for the upcoming iPhone 5.

15. AZIANAPPLE

AZIANAPPLE Member
    Bronze

But most importantly, don't jump into anything serious until you have all the facts. Any company will try to convince you that they have a best deal, promotion etc., but not all are telling you the truth.

16. cheekymeeko

cheekymeeko Member
    Bronze

I definitely think you should wait and compare your options. I know a lot of people are itching to sell their 4s like right now because the iPhone 5 is coming out, but try to get the best deal for your money.

17. Pete Bobke

Pete Bobke New Member

Great ideas here...just my two cents but, stick with it and upgrade to the new phone. I know Apple themselves will buy old phones before the iPhone 5 is released for a pretty competitive price (might only be the 4s). Phones are just outdated too quickly so get the latest or you will probably find yourself wanting

18. AZIANAPPLE

AZIANAPPLE Member
    Bronze

Yup, Apple will take in your old iPhones, iPods, Desktops and Notebooks for their recycling program. They will pay you to think green :) I think it's called "Reuse and Recycling Program".

19. AZIANAPPLE

AZIANAPPLE Member
    Bronze