Free add custom ringtones to iPhone

RevRoy

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
still no go
I was having trouble as well the I realized that my issue was, that my music is store on an external drive. I unhooked the drive and tried it with iTunes using my internal drive. It worked like a charm.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
uarefunnytome said:
Looking For this version of iTunes....does anyone know where I can download
The only place you can download iTunes is from Apple. Please do no ask for older versions of iTunes in this forum, as it is against forum policy. Not to mention, Apple wouldn't take kindly to it.

-Chris

Medeiros2227

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
dunno
This is for others also.

I couldn't figure out how to see the extension. Thanks for your help bro!

i did all you said but i wasn't sure about some thing can you give my step by step instructions please? im not to technical with things. Thank you! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
You're there, if it shows in the tab in iTunes, just sync your iPhone and you should find the ringtone on your phone!
No, I'm not there. I already said it didn't work. I've tried so many times that I have multiple copies of the same ringtones in the tab, like 25 ringtones now, and none will sync to the phone. I'm very computer-literate and I've followed the steps to a T, and the tones won't sync.:mad:

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
I ended up having 3 copies of the ringtone in my ringtone tab. I had to delete the original m4a from the iTunes library, but kept the file, and then I synced and they were on there.

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
Windows Vista Ultimate. I noticed too, that I kept changing the file names of the ringtones in the music/iTunes/... folder, but it kept changing them back. I tried renaming them because the original files where in a different folder. Oh, I forgot. After I deleted the m4a from the iTunes library I uninstalled and then reinstalled iTunes, just to see if it would clear up the 3 copies of each ringtone, it didn't, but then I click the dot that said sync all ringtones, and for some reason it worked.

apbarson

Sep 11, 2007
**HELP** I'm SO CLOSE!

I got everything to work (so I thought), my 20 second long (400kb) .M4R file was listed in iTunes as a ringtone and my original AAC file deleted. When I click SYNC to the phone, I get an error message that says "My song was not copied to the iPhone because it cannot be played on this iPhone."

I have the most recent software version 1.0.2 on the phone. Any reason the song cannot be played?

Are there any restrictions to the files that I should be aware of or has anybody else come across the same problem?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks, Andrew.

pn.md

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
It still works if you didn't update to new version of iTunes 7.4.1. I'm still on iTunes 7.4. Somehow I have the ringtones tab on the left and it syncs fine as M4R files. Also to delete a ringtone, just right click delete in iTunes and it was gone.

BTW- for Michael Jordan fans, I made a ringtone out of the "Be like Mike" commercial. I love it...

pn.md

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
I got everything to work (so I thought), my 20 second long (400kb) .M4R file was listed in iTunes as a ringtone and my original AAC file deleted. When I click SYNC to the phone, I get an error message that says "My song was not copied to the iPhone because it cannot be played on this iPhone."

Any advice would be great.

Thanks, Andrew.
Andrew, if you've upgraded to iTunes 7.4.1 then you may have to go with m4a approach...

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/step-by-step-ringtone-hack-for-7-4-1-and-7-4-1-2.9746/

Last edited by a moderator:

bloodbath18

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
I have the same problem like Andrew. Everytime I try to sync it on my iPhone it says "The file type is not supported by iPhone", but it's in the Ringtone Tab.