Free iPhone 5 Emails

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Has anyone ever participated in these marketing emails that claim to give you a free iPhone 5 if you test it? I have received many in the past but never responded. Than I read the fine print and it said something about by providing your telephone number and/or cell phone number you are allowing them to call and send SMS messages. I can't find the email/website to post. I must've deleted it, but it's not in any of my trash folders and I know I cleared my web history.

A little search and I found a similar one:

[Link removed, as didn't realize it was against forum policy. Sorry, Chris.]

This is an Advertisement powered by Rewarding Promos, an independent rewards program that is not associated nor endorsed / sponsored by any of the above listed merchants or brands. The above brands and merchants are in no way liable for any alleged or actual claims related to this offer. The above listed trademarks and service marks are the marks of their respective owners. Rewarding Promos is solely responsible for Gift fulfillment. By clicking submit you agree to receive SMS texts.
(*)In order to receive the item as offered, you must complete participation requirements which can include taking surveys, requesting information, and purchasing products. View our complete participation requirements for more detailed information. You must be over the age of 18 to participate in this promotion.
Copyright © 2012 Rewarding Promos - All Rights Reserved

In order to receive your gift you must:
  1. Meet the Membership Requirements / Program Requirements (Terms & Conditions, Sec 1)
  2. Complete the registration process providing accurate, complete, and current contact information, including email address, shipping address, and phone number.
  3. Agree to our End User License Agreement (EULA (the "Terms & Conditions")) and Privacy Policy which governs our use of your information as agreed.
  4. Complete and continue through our survey pages.
  5. Complete the required Silver, Gold and Platinum Sponsor Offers (Offers and Quantity will vary)
  6. Not cancel your participation in said sponsored offers within 30 days of initial transition date.
Rewarding Promos' offers are limited to one gift per household. Void where prohibited. By continuing, you certify that you are a US resident over the age of 18 and that you agree to the privacy policy, Gift Rules (1-6), Participation Requirements and End User License Agreement.

Purchase products?

shantisyndrome

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
I feel like those things are scams. You might as well pay retail price for the iPhone. Like they will make you participate in sponsored offers and you have to do a certain amount of them. Those offers cost money. And then they are really shady because its hard to cancel the subscription and all that jazz. If I were you, I wouldn't bother.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iCafe app

raf66

Sep 26, 2012
I certainly can't comment on this specific advertisement, but I will tell you that there are countless consumers who've been the recipients of advertising/marketing emails similar to this promising free electronic gadgetry (and iPhones specifically) and have received nothing at the end of the day. I received a couple of letters written on fairly professional stationary 4-6 months ago promising a free iPad for participating in simple surveys. My interest was piqued so I contacted the number provided in the letters. I never got through to anyone live at what I assume to be a "call center", but while on hold I did a quick Google search of the marketing company's name, address and telephone # and up popped a litany of consumer complaints against the company for bogus claims.

Again, I can't comment about the specific company that sent you information, but I would be suspicious if I were you. You know the old saying, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
These emails are similar to the "You won a lottery, but need to pay the processing fee upfront." A scam to scam you out of money and get nothing in return, but headaches and hassles.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
They are pyramid schemes. They depend on the vast majority of people not finishing all of the requisites. If they ever do end up sending anything at all, it is only to people who complete several "free"/trial offers that cost at least as much as an iPhone itself, and/or spam all of their friends to start, most of whom will realize they've been had and give up after a few signups (at which point the scammers have made back the money it cost them to pay out to the few people who did complete it)

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
They are pyramid schemes. They depend on the vast majority of people not finishing all of the requisites. If they ever do end up sending anything at all, it is only to people who complete several "free"/trial offers that cost at least as much as an iPhone itself, and/or spam all of their friends to start, most of whom will realize they've been had and give up after a few signups (at which point the scammers have made back the money it cost them to pay out to the few people who did complete it)
Why is this legal?

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
You poor people of America. This is a travesty of the highest order. You mean to tell me that you are legitimately offered a free iPad or iPhone and once you participate you find that you do not receive your gift once promised? And to make matters worse you've paid into the program or dedicated your precious time to try and receive this most wonderful gift? That is utterly deplorable.

But you see, I can help. You see, I am a Prince of Zumunda. My father is a very wealthy King. His wealth will of course be mine soon. With this wealth I can purchase all of your gifts that you were so rightfully promised and send them directly to you. Right now my portion of the wealth is tied up with my executor at The Great Bank of Zumunda. If you can wire him money...

:LOL: