Free My Phone in ibrickr

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

r81gsr95

Aug 14, 2007
Free my phone" is currently broken in iBrickr v0.8 with iTunes 7.4, unless you have a copy of the older iTunesMobileDevice.dll in the iBrickr directory. A fix is coming soon.

The free my phone, is that something that unlocks(not for calls) the iPhone to use the ipod feature and applications? I haven't even opened my iPhone box yet and plan to have the phone unlocked and then a tmobile account made. I want to load up ibrickr though, so according to this i need to download an older version of iTunes, copy the iTunesmobiledevice.dll file, then install ibrickr as i normally would except drop that file into the directory? Thank you, sorry of this is confusing.

J-Sauce

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Free my phone" is currently broken in iBrickr v0.8 with iTunes 7.4, unless you have a copy of the older iTunesMobileDevice.dll in the iBrickr directory. A fix is coming soon.

The free my phone, is that something that unlocks(not for calls) the iPhone to use the ipod feature and applications? I haven't even opened my iPhone box yet and plan to have the phone unlocked and then a tmobile account made. I want to load up ibrickr though, so according to this i need to download an older version of iTunes, copy the iTunesmobiledevice.dll file, then install ibrickr as i normally would except drop that file into the directory? Thank you, sorry of this is confusing.
All "free my phone" does is run jailbreak on your phone. I cant tell you exactly what goes on when jailbreak does what it does, but it allows all modding and hacking to be done.

It does not unlock your iPhone from activation mode.