Free online storage?

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
I want to store everything in my iTunes library online. I have a virus on my computer and i need to take off everything in iTunes but I don't have an external hard drive. I would need 20 GB or so. Any suggestions?

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
LOL
It would be 1000x easier to buy a 100GB drive for like 50 bucks.
You know how long it would take you to upload all that? www.speedtest.net

To answer your question, windows skydrive (all you need is a hotmail account) has 25GB free.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Well you could borrow a friends external drive for a bit. I'm telling you, if you use an external drive you will save a lot of time and heartache.
Did you check out that skydrive site? Not exactly the best.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
I don't know anyone with an external drive. I found a site called adrive.com and its a little slow, but its bearable. I just won't do all of it at once.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Weigh your options. The nice thing about online storage is that most likely it's backed up on multiple sites (which is what any reputable online data backup solution has), so if one backup site goes down or gets damaged, etc. there is yet ANOTHER backup elsewhere. The same cannot be said for an external hard drive, unless you back it up on two different drives, etc.

Then comes speed. External hard drive wins hands down. No "if," "and," or "but."

Cost? It depends. Monthly service fees for online backups aren't attractive to me when I could spend a flat rate on a quality external drive that will last years.

Your call.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
And, not very sure about it though, you can also find a 32GB USB flash drive and store everything there.