Free Repair or replacement?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
I want to bring my iPhone down to Apple to have it fixed or repalced... does anyone know if i will be covered? the metal trim on the left side from corner to corner is lifted a little bit... not enough for anything to get in but enough that i can feel a sharp edge on it... its almost sharp enough to be cut on... i was wondering if this happened to anyone else and if it got repaired or replaced... i haven't yet because of my work schedule and that i probably should restore it before i bring it in to them seeing how its heavily modded... oh and no it has never been dropped or crushed in my pocket... been in a belkin holster cases from day one... Thanks

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
If you've had it more than two weeks, they'll probably send it back for repairs and offer you a loaner phone for a fee. The repairs should be covered - I've read about this problem a few times, and I'm sure Apple is well aware that this is an issue.

Best of luck to you...let us know what they say.

clausenfan

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
I also think you should contact belkin or whoever made your case. They will have to replace your phone if the case is what messed it up. Although i don't know how you could prove it was the case that messed it up. If Apple covers it belkin should at least pay for the loaner phone. The mods shouldn't be an issue either. My cousin took his in with a couple mods on his and they didn't say anything.

Good Luck

iphoneyouphone

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I had the same problem, it was how it was made. Mine would catch my hair every time i put it up to my ear and rip it out. I brought it in and they sent out and gave me a loaner phone and waved the fee. So yeah they will replace it but restore it because if its modded they wont fix it.

propynyl

Bronze
Aug 12, 2007
They will send you a new phone...period.
It seems like it is cheaper for Apple to send YOU a new one, repair your old one, and sell that as a refurb.

Appears this is what they are doing

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
They will send you a new phone...period.
It seems like it is cheaper for Apple to send YOU a new one, repair your old one, and sell that as a refurb.

Appears this is what they are doing
It was a new phone early on, but I'm sure Apple has enough refurbs now to send them out as replacements.

Joe