Free SDK up for downloads.

Optimous

Bronze
Nov 30, 2007
i don't know if you guys know but the SDK is up for downlaod at the Apple website....its also free.

https://developer.apple.com/iphone/index.action

EDIT: you have to make a free dev account and then you can download.
Edit: YOu have to have a mac to open this.

gibby71

Silver
Jan 8, 2008
in a galaxy far far away...
Aug 28, 2007
i want a mac, do you think they will ever make it for the pc?

rennyn

Bronze
i want a mac, do you think they will ever make it for the pc?
Yeah right. Apple is out to make money for sure. Mac only, and furthermore: Leopard only. All those Tiger users gotta upgrade. All those people with computers that won't run Leopard? Gotta get a new Mac. Sounds suspiciously like MS :D But I've said all that before in another thread.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Yeah right. Apple is out to make money for sure. Mac only, and furthermore: Leopard only. All those Tiger users gotta upgrade. All those people with computers that won't run Leopard? Gotta get a new Mac. Sounds suspiciously like MS :D But I've said all that before in another thread.
Actually, the tools that are required for the SDK are Leopard only - ti just won't work on Tiger. Not Apple's preference.

- John

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
It would definitely be nice to see this be cross-platform, but I can't get myself thinking real harsh thoughts towards Apple for not making it so as yet - there are plenty of other tools / apps that do not flow in the opposite direction in a very timely manner.

And as for 'Apple is out to make money' - Yes, they're a businesss, with shareholders and so on. How could they not be out to make money?

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
It will probably be out for Windows users next month or in June.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio

KeKe

Bronze
Dec 26, 2007
WTF?! Thats so messed up. I have windows and will not be getting a mac aytime
soon hopefully it will be out got windows smetime later on.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
We will see the SDK for Windows the same time we see Visual Studio for the Mac.

Personally I like the fact they are keeping it mac only, it gives them more time to polish the product and make it work perfectly instead of having to make sure all the cross platform issues are taken care of. Just my $0.02.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
We will see the SDK for Windows the same time we see Visual Studio for the Mac.

Personally I like the fact they are keeping it mac only, it gives them more time to polish the product and make it work perfectly instead of having to make sure all the cross platform issues are taken care of. Just my $0.02.
i totally agree term...i'm glad their keeping the platform strictly mac...no security issues...

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
OFF TOPIC...YO OPTIMUS YOUR AVATAR IS A LIL' OFFENSIVE DUDE...YOU NEED TO CHANGE THAT MAN...YOU NEED TO BE A LIL' MORE CONSIDERATE OF OTHERS MAN...
knock it off, I've seen that same avatar on here form another member and people just laughed about it. It's no more offensive than a mug shot of OJ or of a person bloodily smashing his head to bits on his keyboard! LOL:p

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
I don't think he knows what "offensive" means either. The only way that can be offensive is if you had se with a safe and got AIDs or something.