Free Twitteriffic help

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Hi,

ive just downloaded the app and have just signed up for Twitter. Ive noticed tweets with tiny urls in etc. Is this possible to do from this free app?

Also, how would one go about posting a ******* from a computer to twitter? Ive seen conversion sites, but is there an easy way?

Ive seen celebs posting links to vids and pics and they surely wont be visting a link conversion site and then posting to twitter? I thought the point of it was it was quick?

Thanks in advance

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
I believe you can take a picture on your camera on your phone and MMS it to an address which will send you back a twitpic link. Never used twitpic before, but check it out.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Also, you should be using TweetDeck.
Thanks, is that a free app? what are the benefits? Ive only just begun using twitter, so I don't want to spend money on an app if its a week long thing - If i get into it however, i will spend money on a good app.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Both the URL shortening and adding pics are do- able in the Twitterrific free version. It should have all the features of the Premium version, just with some ads thrown in

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
Yes, TweetDeck is free. Download it and you will immediately see why it is awesome.

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
Really? It's crashed once for me - at the beginning. Maybe you are trying to do too much when it initially loads. it does a lot of updating when you first open it...so give it 5-10 seconds.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Thanks for tweetdeck, works great, however it did crash on me twice this morning whilst trying to view a replied tweet, I was in the middle of switching from a wifi to 3g signal, don't know if thats coincidence though?

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
That's probably it. I use it 5-10x per day and it has only crashed on me once, at the very beginning. Even if it does crash, it is superior and the phone is fast enough where it only takes an extra second to re-open.