Free unlimited mobile photo and video storage

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Thanks! Typing in "Shutter" just wasn't enough. :confused:
I had to include Streamnation to find it as well. It looks like they convert the files to be easily streamed and viewed on a mobile device or computer but when the file is downloaded, you get the original file which is awesome. That was one of my main concerns.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I can't find it in the App Store. I did find the other one called Trunx. ?
Trunx is another cloud storage that is offering free unlimited mobile photo and video storage but I believe that promotion is only up to a certain date. I didn't really see any specifics on how large video files can be with Trunx. With Shutter, they state you can upload up to an hour long video which is pretty huge. Maybe take advantage of both cloud storage services so your images and video files are automatically uploaded to two different clouds this way if one temporarily goes out for some reason, you always have the other for backup.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
If I understood correctly, Trunx unlimited upload is only good up to Sept, 30 2014. What's the point of this if they're just gonna start charging after that date? AFAIK, Shutter/Streanation doesn't have this condition.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I also received the email from Shutter today.

"Welcome to Shutter!

We'd like to clear up any confusion around Shutter's unlimited storage -- yes, storage is indeed unlimited. The settings section of the app stills shows 5GB because when we initially posted the app in the App Store for review, the objective was to start with 5GB of free storage and switch to unlimited when you invite 5 friends. After the App Store accepted Shutter, we decided to remove this limit and activate all users to unlimited.

We’ve posted the fix to the App Store so the copy should be updated soon to read unlimited.

Sorry for any confusion! We did not want to wait two weeks before launching Shutter because we were so excited!

Best,

Jonathan Benassaya
Founder @ StreamNation"