Free up space app

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
Anyone try that app that frees up space?
Just wondering if it works and what others thought ..

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I think I saw mention of it in another thread. Apparently it doesn't offer much of anything.

iksn

Silver
Aug 7, 2008
Near Las Vegas
The reason we never heard of it was the incorrect way you descibed it, let alone the fact you didn't know what it is called.
It frees up memory, not space. It is a great app, well worth 99 cents!

Dec 8, 2008
N
I use it but u really don't need it. Force quitting apps is the way! That what free memory taught me. Save your money, but force quit ipo/safari/mail. But reallt. Safari frees up thr most memory.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
I use it and the only problem I had was the first time I ran it. Something got hosed and I had to reboot the phone but that's the only issue. I've run it a few tims but I'm not sure if it actually helps things. The numbers on the screen tell me it frees up memory but I can't tell much difference in performance. I'm not jailbroken if that makes a difference.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I use it but u really don't need it. Force quitting apps is the way! That what free memory taught me. Save your money, but force quit ipo/safari/mail. But reallt. Safari frees up thr most memory.
I agree. The Free Memory app also taught me to force quit the Safari and iPod apps when done with them.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
When you force quit those apps, doesn't it forget where u were last?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
exactly. you don't want it knowing where you are all the time, do you?

ignite600

Jan 19, 2009
Central FL
who said it doesn't offer much of anything? Free Memory is probably one of my most heavily used apps. not only does it free up memory, it also displays the battery level. i believe the next version will free up to 30mb of avail memory. for 99cents, this won't kill your wallet will it?

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
exactly. you don't want it knowing where you are all the time, do you?
I hope thats a joke but if not, I meant if you force quit the iPod, will it forget the last song you were playing and just start up fresh?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yes, that was a joke, and, yes, it will "forget".

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
yes, that was a joke, and, yes, it will "forget".
Oh bummer, I wouldn't want to force quit then. I like that my ipod remembers the last song I was playing, and safari remembers the last websites I was on.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Oh bummer, I wouldn't want to force quit then. I like that my ipod remembers the last song I was playing, and safari remembers the last websites I was on.
Even force quitting safari will remember the last URL you were on, it will just need to reload the page.

iFerd

Jul 17, 2007
not only does it free up memory, it also displays the battery level.
The next version will not show battery level, because Apple says it can't. The developers have announced that the next version thereforee won't have the feature. Be aware before you update, if this is a critical feature for you.

From what I've read, people find this quite useful because it keeps you from needing to reboot after installing new applications, as is sometimes recommended. This is quicker than that. I do have it and have begun to run it after each new installation.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
The next version will not show battery level, because Apple says it can't. The developers have announced that the next version thereforee won't have the feature. Be aware before you update, if this is a critical feature for you.
Can't show battery level?! Welcome to Apple - the most anal corporation in the world.

"Think different" my ass.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
WTF I was thinking about getting it just because it showed battery level. Why is it such a big deal if we know the actual percentage rather than showing a picture?