Freeze/crash to black then stuck at Apple logo load screen

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

TheFamousOne

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Im really getting sick and tired of the horrible issue with updating apps. I went to update cube runner and writingpad, when my 3G suddenly closes to the black screen. I then have to do a hard reset, to be welcomed by the Apple logo loading screen....where my phone has been for the last 15 minutes. WTF is up? I searched through 9 pages till I decided to just post my own, so sorry if its been discussed.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
I'm not sure if it's been discussed, but in case you love the company of more people experiencing the same misery... it's happened to me too. Eventually it finally did come back. Have patience. At least if it takes all day/night the battery should die and you should be able to plug it back in and try the restart process all over again. LOL For that reason I would suggest that you keep it out of the charger.

Oh, and don't update on your iPhone. Update with iTunes. In fact, you aren't supposed to use the iPhone app store for anything because of bad performance issues. I know. It sucks.

TheFamousOne

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Atta'way to support your customers, Apple!

Well, lets hope someone with a true solution pokes their head into this thread! I don't have an alternative phone, and I am waiting for a call!

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Mine got warm too, but it did come back. It's probably not good to let it get too hot.

If it doesn't come back after an hour or so, or before it gets too hot, you might need to put it into recovery mode and do a restore. When was the last time you did a full backup?

TheFamousOne

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
I believe I did a full backup last night. I plugged it in and it automatically backed up, and was in the process of so for about an hour.

How do I put it into recovery and do a restore? And when I do this, will I lose all my content on the phone?

wesexcellence

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
Daytona Beach
www.audiobywes.com
I was just in the hospital 3 hours ago with my mom in the ER.
I had a call from her doctor and in the middle it just stopped and went to the black screen then to the Apple logo!
I'm PISSED!
This is ridiculous and I had to ask for a nurse to make the call for me which went to an answering service!
I had the doctor on my phone and now I have to wait till tomorrow.
Apple has to get a reliable update soon...this is poor.

gipoliceman

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Sorry I can't offer a solution, but just in case someone from Apple happens to get on this forum and read this post....I TOO AM REALLY FREAKIN PISSED AND TIRED OF THIS PROBLEM! Please fix it, Thank you.

TheFamousOne

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Alright I tried letting it load for about an hour, didn't work. I let the battery die and tried again, didn't work. I tried restoring, didn't work. Now it is stuck on the Apple logo screen, and the phone wont turn off. Resetting the phone isn't working. I'll try again, but if it doesn't work I have no idea what to do. Maybe Ill try plugging it in overnight. crap, Im scared and pissed right now.

sprintrjm

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
Seattle
same thing happened to me

Alright I tried letting it load for about an hour, didn't work. I let the battery die and tried again, didn't work. I tried restoring, didn't work. Now it is stuck on the Apple logo screen, and the phone wont turn off. Resetting the phone isn't working. I'll try again, but if it doesn't work I have no idea what to do. Maybe Ill try plugging it in overnight. crap, Im scared and pissed right now.

I was able to get out of it by holding the power button and the close button.

I then connected it to my laptop and did the power button and the close button again and it started up.

Not sure if this will help, but it got me out of a jam earlier today.

TheFamousOne

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
all I want to do is throw this 300 dollar paperweight against the fucking wall. Whenever I press and hold home/lock, it either just restarts the phone and goes back to the fucking Apple, or it doesn't shut off at all. And to top it off, I don't have another phone to call tech support. this crap is some fucking BULLSHIT and I am absolutely ENRAGED!

TheFamousOne

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
yes, doesn't work. and now, when i plug the phone up while iTunes is open, iTunes freezes. when i unplug, iTunes unfreezes. and one thing that i just noticed about 10 seconds ago is that my phone just vibrated twice. screen is still just stuck at Apple logo. but than again, it vibrated like that before i just failed to mention it. don't know if theres any significance to that.

sprintrjm

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
Seattle
damm, maybe you should take your ihand, go to your igarden, pick up an irock... naw youd be better off taking it to an Apple store asap.

Wish yah the most speedy irecovery.

Not sure if i was pressing the sync button like a maniac when i was hitting the buttons like an buffooon to try to unfreeze mine.

gl