Freezing/ Locking up

xxsirvtecxx

Bronze
Mar 3, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
So since friday my phone has been Freezing or just simply locking up to where it looks like it just froze...anyone else ever have this problem? I just bought this phone at the end of Feb

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
mine has gon thro a phase similar to yours two or three times but it always comes right out of it and everything appears fine. I'm jailbroke and have modded the crap out of my phone but I have had zero actual problems in several months now.

H

Hayesimus

yeah what was the last thing you downloaded to your phone if you are jailbroken/jailbreaked? lol

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
My phone was doing something similar after I tried installing some things using Installer. It would say couldn't connect to host and then would freeze up. I tried a restore and it's been working fine since. Might want to give a restore a try.

xxsirvtecxx

Bronze
Mar 3, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Nah, my phone is stock from Apple, I didn't want to jailbreak it at all until i get more familiar with it. But all i know is that it was working perfectly fine Friday night, and sat morning it was stuck at 5am and nothing was working, so i had to keep reseting it for it to work for another 2 minutes and then it would do the same....not sure what was going on.

what made it happen, I think, is that i was on my phone going through contacts and accidentally hit safari so i quickly hit the home button and thats where it froze, and i couldnt do anything after that

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Have you tried to hold down the home and lock keys for 10 seconds until the phone restarts?

xxsirvtecxx

Bronze
Mar 3, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Have you tried to hold down the home and lock keys for 10 seconds until the phone restarts?
Thats what ive been doing to make it work for a brief time period and then it locks up again, Apple says that theres nothing wrong with it...after spending an hour on the phone with them, they don't think theres a problem if there was no water contact or physically dropping it. I think its BS...but we'll see, im just going to go to a store and tell them to replace it and just give me a new one.