freezing problem/2nd, aim

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
has neones iPhone froze due to apptapp programs? its happened to me 3 times and each time was RIGHT AFTER i installed it and went to it, it opened up then froze whre the off button dindt evne turn off i had to hold the top button and the main button on the front wehre it finally turned it off after i panicked and randomly figured that out in class. just odd making sure if neones had that problem as well.

another note, all AIM programs SUCKKKSS on the iPhone. after i leave it for about 5 min i go back its disconnected, seems to eat the battery up, and on top of that u have an IM u go to read it if u get kicked off it closes the entire IM so u dono wuat the person even said. any other recommendations? apollo i have, sucks, I use beejive mainly all day but it gives me all those problems just stated. thanks.

I miss the SK for the AIM tho, was amazing AIM phone.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
has neones iPhone froze due to apptapp programs? its happened to me 3 times and each time was RIGHT AFTER i installed it and went to it, it opened up then froze whre the off button dindt evne turn off i had to hold the top button and the main button on the front wehre it finally turned it off after i panicked and randomly figured that out in class. just odd making sure if neones had that problem as well.

another note, all AIM programs SUCKKKSS on the iPhone. after i leave it for about 5 min i go back its disconnected, seems to eat the battery up, and on top of that u have an IM u go to read it if u get kicked off it closes the entire IM so u dono wuat the person even said. any other recommendations? apollo i have, sucks, I use beejive mainly all day but it gives me all those problems just stated. thanks.

i actually like the apollo app. of mcourse it disconnects sometimes if you go away, but thats something they are still working on (i assume) and as of now i don't know any app that ios more stable

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I have both the Apollo IM and Mobile Chat (v.1.2.6) and I definitely like MC a lot better. It has a better user interface. I do of course get logged out after a while but I guess I've gotten used to it over time.

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007

All the web apps kinda suck, IMO.

If you already have unlimited text-messaging or don't mind paying a little extra for it each month, just use SMS-to-AIM. I use it every day and it works great. I've set up all the numbers to text to for login, logout, buddy list, etc. as contacts so it makes it real simple. It'll feel a little clumbsy at first, but once you know how to do it, it works like a charm (and is MEANT to... all phones can do SMS-to-AIM)

Biggest benefit is that is works just like any old text messaging... you can sleep your phone and you'll get notified when a new message comes in, even if through AIM... no need to use WiFi and kill your battery or keep a web browser open all the time. Like I said, I use it every day.

This is NOT a mod... it will work on any iPhone right out of the box. The biggest downside is that is uses SMS so your regular messaging fees are going to apply. I have unlimited messaging anyway, so it doesn't matter to me.

Here's a link that describes the how-to

http://www.macrumors.com/iPhone/2007/07/06/using-aim-ichat-over-sms/

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me

If you already have unlimited text-messaging or don't mind paying a little extra for it each month, just use SMS-to-AIM. I use it every day and it works great. I've set up all the numbers to text to for login, logout, buddy list, etc. as contacts so it makes it real simple. It'll feel a little clumbsy at first, but once you know how to do it, it works like a charm (and is MEANT to... all phones can do SMS-to-AIM)

Biggest benefit is that is works just like any old text messaging... you can sleep your phone and you'll get notified when a new message comes in, even if through AIM... no need to use WiFi and kill your battery or keep a web browser open all the time. Like I said, I use it every day.

This is NOT a mod... it will work on any iPhone right out of the box. The biggest downside is that is uses SMS so your regular messaging fees are going to apply. I have unlimited messaging anyway, so it doesn't matter to me.

yah i used to do this on my old phone. but your right, if you don't have unlimited i would definitely not recommend this way.

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
Apollo always kicks me off once i leave the screen abotu a minute later as do all the toher IM chats so i don't get half the IMs

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007

does the 1500 txt messaging a month count only sent messages or sent and incoming ones both as 1500?

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
I believe unlimited texting is like $5 or $10 a month, so it's really not a big ouch. Then you don't have to worry.
Ya 10 bucks here 10 there next thing u know your paying 110 bucks for a dumb phone bill. Thata how tgey sucker u in uylts just abother 10 bucks

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Ya 10 bucks here 10 there next thing u know your paying 110 bucks for a dumb phone bill. Thata how tgey sucker u in uylts just abother 10 bucks

Haha but they are very very good at doing just that, getting people to spend more and more money. Just the other day I signed up for Ringback Tones for my iPhone, it's "only 99 cents a month" (plus $2 for every tone you buy, which expire after 1 year) but I love the feature. Well, my friends do at least.

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I pay about $150 for 3 phones (one iPhone) on 1 family account, all with unlimited texting, so I honestly don't think it's a bad deal.

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
I pay about $150 for 3 phones (one iPhone) on 1 family account, all with unlimited texting, so I honestly don't think it's a bad deal.
Well thts good but its shared i pay about 97 the 30 n 60 deal i dono how u pay 150 tho thats a steal