Freezing problems?

Jan 6, 2008
I don't know if I should call it freezing but sometimes when I press an icon they don't work. I have to hit the home button or hit the button up top to turn it off then back on. Anyone else having this problem? I

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
No that hasn't happened to me. Maybe a soft then hard reset and if those don't help then maybe a restore is needed.

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
NO that has not happened . Try a soft then hard reset like Iphun suggested.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I'm sure each and everyone of us has encountered a slight freeze, maybe not as harsh as whats happening to yourself justinss. Is your device jailbroken, as this maybe a factor of your phone laggin or not responding. If it continues try a restore as a last resort. If that doesn't sort it then i suggest you head towards your carrier or an Apple shop and seek a new iPhone.

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
this is in the 3gS section so im assuming hes not jailbroken. Ive yet to have a freeze or sputter of any kind at all.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I've had no such thing - quite the opposite, really. As soon as I tap an icon, there's the app in front of me. So, is this just one app, or multiple ones? If it's just one.. bad app. If it's multiple ones, try what was suggested above, and then a restore in iTunes.

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Just how do we do a soft and hard reset? Is a soft reset just turning the phone off and then on?
Thanks

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
I think a soft reset is the same as a reboot. Hold the home and the sleep awake button until it goes past the slide to turn the phone off. Hold until you see the Apple logo then release. Not sure about a hard reset. haven't used an iPhone till this week and it had been over a year and a half since i owned one.

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Just how do we do a soft and hard reset? Is a soft reset just turning the phone off and then on?
Thanks
yes, a soft reset is simply turning the phone off and back on,
a hard reset is holding both buttons down for about ten seconds until the Apple logo appears.