Friend got an iPhone from a friend, how do we erase everything.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Ok so i have a friend who got a V1 from her buddy for free. Its jailbroken and on Tmobile but theres a few questions i have.

She wants to get rid of his account on the phone so she can download apps from the app store. That said is there anyway to change it to her iTunes account on the phone?

Also, she wants me to erase everything from previous use (including putting her iTunes account on there) jailbreaking it, and unlocking it again.
As well as updating it.

What i wana know is can i connect her phone to my iTunes (sign outa my name) put in my AT&T sim, restore her v1 and update it to 2.2.?

After that does anyone know if i have to jailbreak/unlock using the AT&T sim or can i just do the process with a tmobile sim already in it.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
you should be able to restore, and unlock all with the tmobile sim.

If you do that on your computer, then she will have to sync it with her iTunes before she can download stuff from the iPhone on her account.

so:

1) restore/update
2) quickpwn/pwnage tool for JB/unlock
3) sync with her computer

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
If it were me, I would go to settings-general-reset-erase all content and settings. This will take about an hour, but it will totally wipe the phone clean and install a virgin 2.2 FW on the phone. Then you can start fresh with the JB and unlock.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Nope.... they both work at a one of those wireless kiosks in the mall. He's her manager.

Thats kinda messed up dude...not every girl uses that kind of currency.

the_monitor

Bronze
Sep 30, 2008
MA
Well kudos to him! More people need to do kind acts like that. I mean there is enough madness in the world, like that person that got killed in walmart on black Friday......but I'll end my rant LOL

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Well kudos to him! More people need to do kind acts like that. I mean there is enough madness in the world, like that person that got killed in walmart on black Friday......but I'll end my rant LOL

... Sales can be a very life threatening thing. All i did on black friday was go to Macy's and buy myself a new bed spread, pillows, and a shower curtain. Went to the INSANITY and chaos inside the Apple store to setup a 1on1 for Aperature....this alone took me about 45min since so many ppl were clamoring for help. But to pass the time i had fun with Appletv. Its a nice idea but it wants you to buy almost everything....sorry Apple id rather watch Fringe for free from Hulu.

Im just here waiting for the news to have breaking coverage of the fights that break out over a parking spot thats not in the nosebleeds away from the mall lol.