FriendCast (or FriendAvoidance)

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
There seems to be a trend in iPhone apps - apps that can leave messages on phones without actually TALKING to anyone.
On Monday, slydial came out and we were amazed.
Now, there is FriendCast.
With FriendCast you can record a voice message and send it to ANY phone. When the person answers the phone he/she will hear your voice message. It's like being your own annoying campaign phone call! :laugh2:
What's even better is that you can send the same voice message to one or MORE people!
And the best part is that it's free.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
So once you hang up, the message is gone & can't be retrieved or replayed?

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I would like an app where you can program it so when certain people are calling me that I don't want to talk to the phone would automatically send them straight to voicemail.

meems

Bronze
Dec 3, 2008
Friendcast sounds like a cool idea to me. My DH is on a soccer team and there have been times when he has to call his teammates and let them know of last-minute schedule/field changes. Thought this would be a great timesaver for him but he thought it was too complicated.

meems

Bronze
Dec 3, 2008
I would like an app where you can program it so when certain people are calling me that I don't want to talk to the phone would automatically send them straight to voicemail.
good idea!

meems

Bronze
Dec 3, 2008
I suppose it's only a matter of time before someone makes an app that allows you to send a recorded message straight to someone's voicemail . . . SlyCast? SlyFriend? . . . :p (maybe such an app exists already)

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
That is a great Idea. It's The perfect break up with your girlfriend/Boyfriend too.
Message: "Sorry Honey I don't think things are working out. You have no plans for the future. The Time we spent was great, but I can't take it anymore. Don't bother speakeing cause this is a recording with an APP from the APP Store with the iPhone you bought me."

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
That is a great Idea. It's The perfect break up with your girlfriend/Boyfriend too.
Message: "Sorry Honey I don't think things are working out. You have no plans for the future. The Time we spent was great, but I can't take it anymore. Don't bother speakeing cause this is a recording with an APP from the APP Store with the iPhone you bought me."
Ouch:p!

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
wt? I don't get it. what's the point?
Well, it's definitely not as useful as slydial. But, I could see where you could pull a joke on people whom you know will all be together. All of their phones will ring at the same time and get your message at the same time! Hilarious!

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I played with it & it's pretty cool. You can send a voicemessage to as many recipients as you want in your phone book at the same time. When the Florida Gators win the National Championship, I'm gonna send a message to all the Gator hators in my phone book simultaneously! HAHAHA!

btw...that is the cutest puppy chewing on the phone when sending the message off.

meems

Bronze
Dec 3, 2008
and if you wanted to break up with several people at once all you need to do is make one call