Friends iPhone is asking for my username and password when accessing App Store?

martindj

May 20, 2009
Hi All,
Hope someone can help with this one!
Here's the case. I jailbroke my friends iPhone and now when he goes to the App Store and trys to download an app it asks for MY password and my email address appears! Can this be changed, otherwise if he wants to download an app, he must have MY password and also....will it be charged to my account?
Thanks,
MartinDJ :sick:

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Well, it sounds like you set up his phone with your computer. In this case, I believe it had no choice but to associate your friend's iPhone with your computer and iTunes account. Does your friend not own a computer? If not, this situation sounds a little sticky and he might have to explain that to someone at iTunes support or Apple so they can disassociate his phone with your account and at least have him create his own account.

martindj

May 20, 2009
Yes, I did set it up on my computer because his iPhone froze and it was the only way to get it working again.
Hopefully, when he syncs the iPhone with his backup on his computer, all will work....i hope.
If not, he's just going to have to live with not being able to use the aApps Store and get his apps from the likes of Cydia etc. ;)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
He needs to Unauthorize your account on his computer in iTunes. After that, he can put his Apple account information in.

martindj

May 20, 2009
Is that straight forward or a bit fiddly as he's not too hot on computers?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It's pretty simple and quite necessary, he needs to be on his own account for obvious reasons.

Open iTunes (on his computer), connect his phone, and go to the Advanced tab and "deauthorize audible account". After that, he can put his acct info in.

I'm not sure if this next step is necessary because I don't know if your acct has been authorized on his computer (you have a five computer limit). So, it may not be a bad idea to go to Store and "deauthorize computer" and then reauthorize the computer after he puts his account information in.

martindj

May 20, 2009
Hi Europa.
Thanks for that. I'll pass the info on to him and hopefully he'll sort it.
thanks again,
MartinDJ