Friend's Siri got deleted

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by gadgetgal, Sep 26, 2012.

1. gadgetgal

gadgetgal Member
    Bronze

Hi all:
    I have a friend who hasn't done any software updates on her 4S previously. She put in iOS 6, and Siri is gone.
    She doesn't have anything backed up at all. How can Siri be put back? I told her I figure she needs a hard reset which will then wipe out all her pictures and contacts. If she does a hard reset, what happens with software updates and the like? Will a hard reset fix her problem? Should she back up to iTunes? (she has never done any backup or used iTunes to do anything as far as I know). I'll try to get more info, but any idea if she can get Siri back? did not having previous updates mess things up?

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Is the toggle for Siri missing or is it just turned off? No data is lost after a hard reset. It's just a longer reboot. Press the home and power buttons at the same time and let go when the Apple logo appears. Ignore the 'slide to power off.' If a hard reset doesn't work, backing up (she can use iClould instead of iTunes) and then restoring from backup should fix it.

3. Johnlennon78

Johnlennon78 Member
    Bronze

Yeah I doubt that Siri got deleted after the update. One off the main feature of ios6 is Siri... I am pretty sure that the toggle for Siri is set to off. Nothing to worry about.

4. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

When browsing a web page my Siri button is gone too.

5. aknightstale41

Gold

Siri button on the webpage?

6. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

Settings/General/Siri

7. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

I bet she had a 4 that had Siri on it that someone sold her saying it was a 4s and now she updates to ios6 it's gone.

8. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

If Siri is actually "gone," toggle switch and all, then I agree with David.

9. Mishol

Mishol New Member

I have a 4s and now my Siri is GONE totally gone not in settings or anything since i have did the 6.0 upgrade!? I have done a reset and a hard reset still no Siri!?

10. Mishol

Mishol New Member

Has she figured out how to get Siri back yet? The same thing happened to me!

11. gadgetgal

gadgetgal Member
    Bronze

Not back yet, and wasn't a toggle switch issue. Nothing there-she tried. I'll ask her again for an update.

12. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

If its truly a 4S (and not a 4 as others have suggested) then it's off to the Apple store you go. Or call their support line.

13. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

If Siri is still gone after a hard-reset. I'd backup to iTunes, then restore the phone to iOS 6 and Set up as NEW. Check to see if Siri as made a return, tell him/her off for leaving you. Then restore from your previously made backup via iTunes.

:)