Frimware 2.0 on unlocked phone?

Apr 30, 2008
Hey guys, I'm new to the forums and this is my first post

Ok well I have an unlocked/jailbroken iPhone and am using tmobile service on it. Now I heard that the firmware 2.0 software update was coming out in june and was going to include a new AIM application. My question is, will I be able to get this new update and use the new AIM application given the fact that my iPhone is jailbroken and is using tmobile?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
You probably won't be able to update for a few days while the guys at ZiPhone hack into the new firmware. I'm pretty sure it won't take long because some people have already hacked the beta release.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Cols is right. While the 2.0 firmware has been said to be unlocked already, it probably isn't the easiest Unlock at the moment. I would wait to update until it's been Unlocked efficiently and it's a simpler process.

Apr 30, 2008
Thanks guys, 1 more question

Will this new update be something that I'll be able to download from installer? Will I have to unlock my phone again after I update it?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Are you referring to then 2.0 update? If so, that will be available from iTunes.

The 2.0 Jailbreak download will likely be available from a program like ZiPhone where you install it to your computer and then run the program. From there it will place Installer on your phone which will allow you to download the 3rd party apps to your phone.