Fringe

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I am enjoying the show Fringe. It has an X-Files kind of vibe to it, which I like.

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
I am too, its quirky and different...another new show i like is "Lie to me", seems interesting what we can deduce from body langauge.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Love Fringe! I was a big X-Files fan as well. The 'mad' doctor is my fav. I think he's from either Australia or New Zealand.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
It feels a lot campier than X-Files ever was. Like it's not taking itself too seriously. It bothered me at first, but I had a feeling the story lines would get better (it's freakin' JJ Abrams after all) and they have, slowly. The acting is atrocious (especially Olivia. She is cringingly awful), but the quirky, aloof nature of the writing makes it entertaining on another level. I also adore Walter... what a fun character to develop.

I think it will only get better and better, but I'm two episodes behind now, so shhhh.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
It feels a lot campier than X-Files ever was. Like it's not taking itself too seriously. It bothered me at first, but I had a feeling the story lines would get better (it's freakin' JJ Abrams after all) and they have, slowly. The acting is atrocious (especially Olivia. She is cringingly awful), but the quirky, aloof nature of the writing makes it entertaining on another level. I also adore Walter... what a fun character to develop.

I think it will only get better and better, but I'm two episodes behind now, so shhhh.
I thought that Olivia's character was supposed to be kind of harsh like that. I thought it was well-acted.

I told Darren that you think that the chick who plays Olivia is not that good and he agrees with you. He still thinks she is hot, though.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
She couldn't act her way out of a paper bag, but I'd totally hit it...

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I thought that Olivia's character was supposed to be kind of harsh like that. I thought it was well-acted.

I told Darren that you think that the chick who plays Olivia is not that good and he agrees with you. He still thinks she is hot, though.
I think she's pretty, and I also think she's supposed to act like that--stiff, professional, cold and calculating. Maybe I'm wrong...