From GoPhone to Monthly Plan -- possible?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dantec24

Sep 17, 2007
Hello all,

I just got my iPhone a few weeks ago (love it btw) and was only eligible for the GoPhone plan :(. After using the plan I would rather switch to the monthly plan (and pay the deposit) not only to aviod the lame account balance messages but I did the math and I'm actually paying more money w/ GoPhone than I would with the monthly plan.

I went to the AT&T store here in town and in order to switch to the monthly plan, I have to wait until my current month is up. Is this true even if you are a new customer?

I ask because I called AT&T directly and asked them and they said that the store could transfer my number over w/o having to wait. Does anyone have any experience doing this kinda thing?

Thanks!

htech

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
I know this is a little older post buy didn't see an responses. Here's the skinny on converting prepay to postpaid. You must go into an ATT store (for best results). You have to have your account active for more than 30 days. If it isn't a manager may have to over ride the account change. Sometimes there are issues with people who are close to the 30 days period and the system still shows it needs a managers approval. It may be a glitch in the system. That being said once they do that your iPhone will go into a status where it needs to verify you want to sign a contract. When calling a number once the phone has switched it will call the ATT contract number which is automated. It will simply ask if you wish to do a 24 month contract. Confirm and then your phone may need to be powered off. It takes a good 15 mins before the phone can be used. My phone did not need a new sim. I was given one just in case something happens.

Hello all,

I just got my iPhone a few weeks ago (love it btw) and was only eligible for the GoPhone plan :(. After using the plan I would rather switch to the monthly plan (and pay the deposit) not only to aviod the lame account balance messages but I did the math and I'm actually paying more money w/ GoPhone than I would with the monthly plan.

I went to the AT&T store here in town and in order to switch to the monthly plan, I have to wait until my current month is up. Is this true even if you are a new customer?

I ask because I called AT&T directly and asked them and they said that the store could transfer my number over w/o having to wait. Does anyone have any experience doing this kinda thing?

Thanks!