From useful to boring to downright annoying (and I'm not talking about the iPhone).

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
Well, as short as a few weeks ago I joined this forum with the intention of learning as much as I could before I purchased an iPhone for myself and my wife. Chock full of useful information for those of us just wanting the stock phone (but excited about the future possibilites, even if it required buying a new model) I loved perusing this forum. And what a wealth of information if modding was your thing.

Unfortunately that is no longer the case. 90% of the new posts amount to either:

1) Apple is great, everyone shut up!
2) Apple sucks, everyone shut up!
3) Steve Jobs is the Messiah, everyone shut up!
4) Steve Jobs is Satan and wants Apple to make money off of us, everyone shut up!

Interesting, informative, or entertaining posts have sort of dried up. And what was once a forum with a very positive and helpful vibe has gone the way of every other forum I've ever belonged to and has developed into more of a mean-spirited, bash-everyone-with-a-differing-viewpoint sort of a place. I'll give you that with the new update the modding threads are going to be a little quiet for awhile.

I'd like to make a motion that posting any sort of generalized statements about how greedy, or evil or crappy Apple/Jobs/iPhone are (which have now been posted about a zillion times) be considered spam. I mean they're as annoying and numerous as those: what do I use to convert DVDs? threads.

We get it.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Well, as short as a few weeks ago I joined this forum with the intention of learning as much as I could before I purchased an iPhone for myself and my wife. Chock full of useful information for those of us just wanting the stock phone (but excited about the future possibilites, even if it required buying a new model) I loved perusing this forum. And what a wealth of information if modding was your thing.

Unfortunately that is no longer the case. 90% of the new posts amount to either:

4) Steve Jobs is Satan and wants Apple to make money off of us, everyone shut up!

Interesting, informative, or entertaining posts have sort of dried up. And what was once a forum with a very positive and helpful vibe has gone the way of every other forum I've ever belonged to and has developed into more of a mean-spirited, bash-everyone-with-a-differing-viewpoint sort of a place. I'll give you that with the new update the modding threads are going to be a little quiet for awhile.

I'd like to make a motion that posting any sort of generalized statements about how greedy, or evil or crappy Apple/Jobs/iPhone are (which have now been posted about a zillion times) be considered spam. I mean they're as annoying and numerous as those: what do I use to convert DVDs? threads.

We get it.
Man.... those four things are all you found on this site...?! There sure are a lot of posts out there.... Maybe youre drunk. Or blind! I don't know how many posts are posted in brail but you might be right if that's what you're talking about. If not...well...YOU ARE WRONG! But that's cool, this is America and you can say whatever bunch of crap you want to. But, YOU"RE WRONG, anyway...:)

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston

We get it.
aren't you in esscence doing the same thing you're not liking?
i have seen this thread a FEW times already...

and even with the bickering, this is still a great place for information, so yeah.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
aren't you in esscence doing the same thing you're not liking?
i have seen this thread a FEW times already...

and even with the bickering, this is still a great place for information, so yeah.
If I could THANK YOU twice, I would.:laugh2:

plus this is post #9 for this guy.... lota research went into statement, I can see...

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
Man.... those four things are all you found on this site...?! There sure are a lot of posts out there.... Maybe youre drunk. Or blind! I don't know how many posts are posted in brail but you might be right if that's what you're talking about. If not...well...YOU ARE WRONG! But that's cool, this is America and you can say whatever bunch of crap you want to. But, YOU"RE WRONG, anyway...:)
Hee hee hee. See. :laugh2:

No no no. Those aren't the only four things obviously. It just seems like that's what's found most of in the general discussion/iPhone/iPhone software sections lately. Just seems like a lot of the great discussions that drew me in have become yelling matches instead. Don't get me wrong, this is still the best iPhone forum I've found, it's just tilted a little toward the darkside lately.