Frotz: 1.1.4 Save fix + Hitchhiker Guide Game!

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I've updated my source for the 3 people that actually play Frotz (myself included). Your save games will now, well, save!

I've also added a new Frotz game to add to your collection, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Its quite a fun game, it immediately takes a turn from the book with the characters you know, so people who have read the book and expect to run through the game already knowing what to do are in for a treat :)

Here's a hint to get you started: The book says Harvey lies down in front of the tractor, but when given the chance I recommend let Prosser do his thing...

---

To install add this to your source listing in Installer:

http://dezign999.com/repo

Last edited by a moderator:

theorioles33

Evangelist
Silver
Jul 21, 2007
USA
I've updated my source for the 3 people that actually play Frotz (myself included). Your save games will now, well, save!

I've also added a new Frotz game to add to your collection, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Its quite a fun game, it immediately takes a turn from the book with the characters you know, so people who have read the book and expect to run through the game already knowing what to do are in for a treat :)

Here's a hint to get you started: The book says Harvey lies down in front of the tractor, but when given the chance I recommend let Prosser do his thing...

---

To install add this to your source listing in Installer:

http://dezign999.com/repo
Make that 4 people my friend! :laugh2:
I am having trouble with games under 1.1.4. the Zork series and HH Guide to the Galaxy work fine but any of my other Z4/Z5 games don't work. It complains about the width of the screen not being big enough. When I click OK, it just shows a menu bar at the top. Its used to work pre 1.1.4. Any ideas? Thanks for HH!

Last edited by a moderator:

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Make that 4 people my friend! :laugh2:
I am having trouble with games under 1.1.4. the Zork series and HH Guide to the Galaxy work fine but any of my other Z4/Z5 games don't work. It complains about the width of the screen not being big enough. When I click OK, it just shows a menu bar at the top. Its used to work pre 1.1.4. Any ideas? Thanks for HH!
Welcome aboard, it was getting lonely!

Regarding the other games, HH is the only one outside of the Zork series that I've gotten to work with Frotz, and to be honest, its the only game that I've tried.

I did manage to get the other Zorks working before they were offered on Installer however.

Have you tried posting a query in the Issues forum on the Author's site?

http://code.google.com/p/iPhonefrotz/

Have a go with that, maybe we'll get an update out of it, and with a native 1.1.4 fix :)

theorioles33

Evangelist
Silver
Jul 21, 2007
USA
Thanks! I was actually over at the Frotz site but couldnt find where to leave feedback. I will check again. I will post back if I find anything out.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Thanks a bunch, hope you don't mind if I post these to my Repository.

I'll make sure to give theOrioles33 credit in the about section. :)

theorioles33

Evangelist
Silver
Jul 21, 2007
USA
Thanks a bunch, hope you don't mind if I post these to my Repository.

I'll make sure to give theOrioles33 credit in the about section. :)

You're welcome! No problem man! I'm all about sharing! ;)