Frozen at pineApple screen/can't restore?

Dec 23, 2008
Apologize if this is a repost, I went through the process of jailbreaking it. I then opened up QuickPwn, went through the command prompt about holding the power/home button for 5-30 seconds and such.

MY phone restarted after it said 100%, I got the cartoon picture of Steve Jobs and then the phone was just stuck at the pineApple screen. Am I hosed? I've tried restoring it, but holding the home + power button while the phone is connected to my laptop does nothing. The screen just loads back with the pineApple screen still there..iTunes on my laptop doesn't recognize the phone and neither did the other PC in my house.

Am I hosed? any help would be appreciated, I'm freaking out right now.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
nope you are fine. just first calm down, take a deep breath, and don't worry, pepe is here to help you.

first, post up what type of iPhone you are using, firmware it is running, type of computer you are using, and obviously jailbreaking method you are using is quickpwn.

you need to put your iPhone into DFU mode. basically this will put the iPhone into a mode that allows the computer to recognize it so you can restore it. once it is in dfu mode, you will have to restore, and then rejailbreak it (if you want to, and i highly recommend it).

follow this link to put it into dfu mode, then restore it, and report back, i'll check for updates to help you more.

http://sleepers.net/blank/dfu-mode/

*note, if you are using a new macbook pro, for some reason the quickpwn doesn't work and gets stuck at the last step (sounds like what you are experiencing).

Moody box

Mar 3, 2009
Same problem

I'm so screwed! I have an Ipod touch 2.2.1 and I tried jailbreaking it with Quickpwn and it was done, it said it was working fine, but then my ipod just got stuck on the pineApple screen and I cant do anything with it... It's a total brick and I need help getting it out!
:mad:

I have an 1generation ipod touch 2.2.1, i have a mac 10.5.6. (I already fix the DFU problem) and I just need a way out!

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
^1. don't thread jack
2. you aren't screwed, post up a new thread and i'm sure others would be glad to help you out, i'm not gonna jack this guys thread.

andrewchig

Nov 2, 2008
did you restore your apps onto your phone before you jailbroke? and if so do you have plenty apps?

i googled around and found this. i posted it a few months ago hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator: