Frozen iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by arcteryx, Jul 20, 2007.

1. arcteryx

arcteryx New Member

bought my iPhone less than a week ago. just looked at it and it seems to be frozen and none of the buttons work now. i mean nothing happens and i can't do anything with it. any suggestions? thanks in advance

2. arcteryx

arcteryx New Member

searching is good.....fixed it whew!

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Try holding down the sleep key (on top of the phone) and the home key at the same time for a few seconds. This will force a reboot of the phone and will probably cure the problem.

4. alb0zf1n3st

alb0zf1n3st New Member
    Silver

atleast someone knows and used the search

5. Sdegelia

Sdegelia New Member

I was installing some apps off of installer a few minutes ago, and went back to the homescreen so they would load. The screen froze with the little swirlly thing in the middle like it was loading. It never loaded for like 5 minutes. I held down the sleep button to try and turn it off but that never did anything. Eventually it restarted and came up with the Apple logo and another swirlly loading thing, but now it wont load again.

What should I do? Should I plug it into my computer or just wait?

6. IphoneTony

IphoneTony Zealot
    Gold

put it in computer and see what happens.. What are you using

7. Sdegelia

Sdegelia New Member

What what am I using?

8. Sdegelia

Sdegelia New Member

it seems that it is not able to load the home screen. I am able to turn the phone off. It loads for a while and then comes up with the loading swirl like its loading the home screen. Is there a way to get the apps off that I just downloaded, those might have screwed it up.

9. 24trepid

24trepid Member
    Silver

Unplug from computer if plugged in. Hold down both buttons until it turns off, then while holding bottom button, plug into computer. Keep holding bottom button until it shows the picture of plug and iTunes. iTunes will come up and say it found iPhone in recover mode. Click OK. Then do a restore. Then if you want, jailbreak again. Hope this helps.

10. Sdegelia

Sdegelia New Member

Thanks, that helped.

11. 24trepid

24trepid Member
    Silver

Glad to help.......:cool:

12. jennysweden

jennysweden New Member

Hi! I seriously need help with my frozen iPhone.
    I tried to reboot it by holding in the home and on/off button, it still doesn't work. I went in to the mac store in Stockholm and they wont help me because my phone is bought in The states.
    I just get to the Apple logo and the phone doesn't react/connect with my computer.

I have completely no idea what to do now.
    Just to inform you, I tried to unlock and jailbreak it and when the whole process finally was over my phone got stuck.
    The people at the mac store told me that I have a software problem.

Don't know how to thank the person who would help me with this,
    but I would be incredible happy!

Jenny from Sweden

13. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

The only thing I can suggest is to try to get the phone into DFU mode and see if iTunes will recognize it then so you can restore.

1 Plug the iPhone into your computer
    2 press the power button and home button at the same time...hold them down for 10 seconds (counting it out helps...1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi, etc.)
    3 release the power button after the 10 seconds.

Hopefully the screen will go blank and iTunes will recognize the phone and then you can restore the firmware. Good luck.

14. jennysweden

jennysweden New Member

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
    You can't believe how happy I'm right now, you're my hero!
    I just have one more question, what should I do now so I wont brick it again?
    Should I restore it? I want to unlock later on so it will work in Sweden again.

Would love one more answer,
    thanks a ton again!

Jenny

15. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

Just to be safe I'd set it up as a new phone. You'll lose your pictures, texts, and notes but it's the best way to get a fresh restore.

What FW were you on before this happened?

16. jennysweden

jennysweden New Member

I just restored it and it's locked again.
    I think I will jailbreak it and unlock it with ziPhone now but Im unsure if that's a good idea, I don't even know what software Im having.

I bought it with AT&T and now I unlocked it so I could use it with a swedish simcard but I locked it again when I accidentely installed a new software on it.

Could you please add me on msn if you have it so we could have an easier conversation or do you think I should try to jailbreak it with ziPhone?

Thanks a ton, again!

Jenny

17. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

Go to settings-general-about and see what it says under "version".

18. jennysweden

jennysweden New Member

Well I can't do that cause I don't have the AT&T simcard here and the phone is totally locked, the only thing I can do is emergency calls, lol

19. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

I think you probably updated to the new 2.1 FW, which shouldn't be a problem (that's why I tried to get what FW you were on previous to your problem so we could just restore to that FW).

Anyways, assuming you are on a PC try using this guide to rejailbreak/unlock the 2.1 FW. http://iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1880

20. jennysweden

jennysweden New Member

Okay thank you!
    So if I just follow the instructions on iClarified you think I'll be able to jailbreak and unlock it by myself? :)

Jenny