Frustrated with searching for cases!

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Irish76, May 25, 2014.

1. Irish76

Irish76 Member
    Bronze

I've been looking for case to use daily at work & at the gym. A clip is a must, but the case can't be to bulky to use with gym shorts. I'm not interested in arm bands.

Am I looking for something that doesn't exist?

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Since you said it can't be bulky, then that takes out the Otterbox. I'm sure there is one out there that's not bulky. Have you looked on any search engines or eBay? Maybe do a search for non-bulky case with clip?

3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

For what device do you need a case?

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

This thread is in the iPhone 5 subforum.

5. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

Surely you can find something. There are a plethora of cases for the iPhone, even more so online.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe Forums

6. Irish76

Irish76 Member
    Bronze

iPhone 5. Yeah, I thought it would be fairly easy to find too. Finding one with a clip seems to be the difficult part.

I think the lifeproof would be ideal, but the cost with the clip seems ridiculously overpriced to me.

7. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Those cases are more for protective purposes. Have you tried looking just for a clip you can use for a naked iPhone or do you definitely want a case with it?

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Cue the case spammers in 3...2...1...

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

That's what I would suggest. It's a slim case with excellent ratings. I've heard great things about that clip as well. It's much better than the clip the 4S' LifeProof had. You'll pay less in the long run to get a good clip that lasts and works well then a cheap one that has to be replaced.

10. SMELTN

SMELTN Member
    Bronze

I can tell you first hand, I fall in the same boat. I HATE bulky cases, but also HATE putting my phone in pockets, so I need a thin case and a belt clip. I used to use a leather pouch, found at the local Verizon store, made for a big Android phone so my iPhone 5/5s fit perfectly with a case on it, but then I purchasing a Lifeproof case and LOVED the way it worked and the belt clip system for it as it showed off the phone as well as easy in and out. Problem is I didn't like how the Lifeproof case "muffled" the sound and I did have people complain they could't hear me very well. Now this was with the iPhone 5, I haven't tried the 5s version of the case, but overall while it was nice, I just didn't like the sound. So I went back to the pouch until...

I went to my local BestBuy and they had these cheap Platinum Series cases for the iPhone 5/5s that were snap on cases and a belt clip for $10. Now as far as cases go. I have 2 Spigen Ultra Hybrids (Clear & Grey), and 2 Apple Leather Cases (Brown and Black) that I like to rotate between. Now these cases fit with this belt clip PERFECTLY. It very securely holds the phone with cases without damaging the phone at all. I LOVE this set up! It works great. Below is a link to the case/clip from BestBuy as well as a picture of my phone in the clip

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/platinum-series-case-with-holster-for-apple-iphone-5-purple/6632095.p?id=1218767478398&skuId=6632095

Pic
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Pjaa

Pjaa New Member

Ballistic cases are some you can look at ! It has the option of a clip or not. I don't use the clip and leave off the outer cushion soft sleeve and slip it into my pocket! I have dropped it several times and it's never been hurt yet! It's pretty waterproof too !

12. Irish76

Irish76 Member
    Bronze

Thanks everyone. SMELTN, I think the Platinum clip maybe what I'm looking for. How sturdy is the clip?

Pjaa, which ballistic case do you use?

13. Pjaa

Pjaa New Member

Hard core case for the iPhone 5 !