Frustrating Keyboard Issue...Please help!

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
Hello all,

I am having this frustrating problem with the keyboard. When I type certain letters and then try and type the next letter, that next letter won't type even though it shows as typing. It will type the letter next to the letter I am trying to type.

In this picture I am trying to type socom but when I type the second "o" it types "i" even though my finger is on the "o". This is so friggin annoying and help would be appreciated. I am thinking I will have to restore but I really don't want to do that. :(

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
It's part of the auto correction features. Try typing time, but instead of pressing T-I-M-E, press T-I-M-R. Does the E pop up, even though your finger is 100% on the R?

It's the same situation right?

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
Wow, that totally is the problem. Thanks. Looks like I am just going to haveto turn that off. Oh well, I think I might type better without the predictive text as it annoys me quiet often and mis-words what I am trying to say a lot.

It's part of the auto correction features. Try typing time, but instead of pressing T-I-M-E, press T-I-M-R. Does the E pop up, even though your finger is 100% on the R?

It's the same situation right?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Wow, that totally is the problem. Thanks. Looks like I am just going to haveto turn that off. Oh well, I think I might type better without the predictive text as it annoys me quiet often and mis-words what I am trying to say a lot.
I tried turning off the auto-correction once and I liked it, but after a while I got tired of it and I turned it back on. Good luck. :)

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
I tried turning off the auto-correction once and I liked it, but after a while I got tired of it and I turned it back on. Good luck. :)
I gotta admit the auto correction is a PITA but after awhile you get used to it and it isn't so bad.

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
I always forget to press the "correct" word that pops up to cancel the correction. lol

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
Yeah, so I already turned it back on. I guess I'll just deal. LOL.