Frustrating URG

fourtheye28

Bronze
Dec 21, 2007
I'm really trying hard not to throw this thing across the room and giving up on it. I need some serious help with this iPhone.
First of all I jailbroke it and used MiM the fake carrier settings to put my name where the AT&T was. Then something happened to it and I wanted to take it to Apple so I restored it and upgraded to 1.1.4.
I rebooted and the fake carrier name was still there, I have no sound and the phone barely works. I cannot even download the MiM again because it only supports 1.1.3. I then tried to download 1.1.3 and shift+restore and got error 1602...everytime. So now I cant return to Apple, I cannot restore.
So what I'm asking if there is a way to wipe the phone of EVERYTHING (not just MOST, but EVERYTHING) and have it virginized to take to Apple.

I'm pulling my hair out so any answer will be gladly appreciated.

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
Okay try this.

1. Restore again to 1.1.4

2. After restoration reset everything; you do this by going to settings>general, then press "Reset all settings", that will restore, sounds, and it will remove the title.

Good luck

fourtheye28

Bronze
Dec 21, 2007
Okay try this.

1. Restore again to 1.1.4

2. After restoration reset everything; you do this by going to settings>general, then press "Reset all settings", that will restore, sounds, and it will remove the title.

Good luck
Oh My God it worked! Thank-you so much I was on the verge of tears when iTunes told me my sim was locked and the "Get repair" screen came up. Whew!

fourtheye28

Bronze
Dec 21, 2007
I checked the ATT site and I still have...-
iPhone DATA+1500&M2M $35.00 So I still have a data plan. Guess I'll have to call them tomorrow. What a hellish day.