FSJ "MacWorld Suspense is Killing you, right?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Well, here is more today.

The suspense is killing you, right?

So I was just hanging out in the executive sweat lodge with Jonny and we were laughing about how all the fanboys are just salivating and drooling and peeing in their pants this week wondering what we're going to announce next week. Jonny says that in the world of an Apple true believer this week, the week before Macworld, is either the best week of the year, or the worst, or both. He says you're all like a bunch of kids on Christmas Eve, all amped up on sugary treats and unable to sleep. Apparently a shitload of kooks have already started landing at SFO today, with more flocking in all weekend.

Well, I can't tell you what the big surprise is. But as I've said before, it's big. And it's a surprise. It's something you'd never have imagined, not in a million years. It is going to change the world. Like, from now on, all of history will be divided into two eras -- the time before this product was unveiled, and then the rest of time. It's the future. Only, as John Edwards says, tomorrow begins today. Or Tuesday. Whatever. You get it.

GailLA

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Northern IL
It is going to change the world. Like, from now on, all of history will be divided into two eras -- the time before this product was unveiled, and then the rest of time.
Sounds like the lead up to the Segway. Now that really changed the world, not!

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I still like the sound of a Newton / tablet revival - though latest rumors say that's a project in the works (Yay) but not ready for Macworld ...

I think something along the tablet but more Grander, like the minority report thing. That glass panel thing from a few weeks ago when you set your camera on the glass and pulls up the pics etc. This is it. I bet on it. I Bet that KMGjr guy.:eek:

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I think something along the tablet but more Grander, like the minority report thing. That glass panel thing from a few weeks ago when you set your camera on the glass and pulls up the pics etc. This is it. I bet on it. I Bet that KMGjr guy.:eek:
They're supposed to be doing lots with the multitouch tech, so guess they're could be devices at various sizes being worked on. He often seems to pull some rabbit out of his hat that nobody was expecting ...

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
They're supposed to be doing lots with the multitouch tech, so guess they're could be devices at various sizes being worked on. He often seems to pull some rabbit out of his hat that nobody was expecting ...

Well "There something in the Air" is the theme for this MacWorld. Its tied to that.

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL

No - I cracked the code. The key phrases are "will change the world" and "you'll talk about the world before that day and after that day".

They are announcing the iSegway. :D

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
don't take this as trash talk at all, I am just curious. Are you going for a reason, or just because you like Apple. Do you have a booth or something?
Well of course I'm (was) going because I like Apple! But my girlfriend also had a conference in San Fran on Wednesday, so I decided to go to Macworld.

However, the her conference was just canceled due to a lot of people being ill, so I decided to stick around here for this year.

- John

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
No - I cracked the code. The key phrases are "will change the world" and "you'll talk about the world before that day and after that day".

They are announcing the iSegway. :D
The segway is banned in a lot of places.

The song "Something in the Air" is from Thunderclap Newman, very Beatles sounding which Stevo Loves. And the verse over and over is:

"We have got to get it together..now"

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Well of course I'm (was) going because I like Apple! But my girlfriend also had a conference in San Fran on Wednesday, so I decided to go to Macworld.

However, the her conference was just canceled due to a lot of people being ill, so I decided to stick around here for this year.

- John

Does that mean the iPhone conference party is off?:(

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Does that mean the iPhone conference party is off?:(
Sadly so, buddy. :( Again I say, we can look forward to next year.

Wait, did I just say 'We can look forward to next year' when this year's expo hasn't even happened yet? Weird.

- John