Full Red Moon Tonight!

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
What time is good to go out and see it?
Nah this was last night Friday the 13th but no one responded. I saw online it would happen after midnight. I looked at the moon through my window last night and it was all white still. I don't have the knowledge of the moon and turning blood red etc. Maybe you have to live in certain areas to better see it being different colors. I don't know lol. Or maybe it just didn't happen here until later after midnight. I did hear small planes though like those small pilot planes in the air last night perhaps wanting to video the moon etc. Who knows.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
No, just not the blood red moon. Any other strange happenings like comets or meteor showers. I like all of it. :)
Oh awesome. I've heard of meteor showers happening often. I don't know though. I wouldn't have even known about the blood red moon if it wasn't for the internet telling me or a friend, I forget.

Since you like stuff to do with the moon, want to join me on my trip to the moon at some point? :)

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
Are you in HS or college? I don't remember if you ever said this. But of my gosh it would be awesome to do this in the next few years. How would I plan it myself? I have no darn clue. :p
I'm in college. I was told that you need to go through NASA training to get into space. That can take years. We better start now.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Will anyone be staying up to see it? I read online the next time the moon will be red won't be until 2098.
That is incorrect. There will be 3 more opportunities to see a red Moon in the next 18 months alone.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/blood-moon-2nd-chance-october/story?id=23330743

The next Full Moon that occurs on Friday the 13th won't be until 2049. Maybe that's what you read?

http://www.vox.com/2014/6/12/580119...e-13th-and-a-full-moon-that-wont-happen-again

That too. There are several names for it.
No, actually, the Honey Moon is something totally different from a red Moon. Did you happen to glance at the article?

Last edited: