Fully customized iPhone and iPod cases

Would you buy a fully customized iphone/ipod case?

• Totally cool idea! I want one now!

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Sounds pretty interesting.

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • I'd have to see it to really know.

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Eh, I'm lukewarm on the idea.

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Can you find something better to do with your time?

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
I'm exploring the option of creating a line of fully customized iPhone and ipod cases. This would be a line of maybe 10 different designs, 3 or 4 different fabrics and some other feature options, like type of belt clip (or none), handles, straps, etc.

Your case would be designed by you online and delivered to you within about a week.

I did this same thing with messenger bags at my old company (which I've now sold) and the program was very successful. Am trying to get a feel for if this would be a rational system for this market as well.

Superfreaknduper

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
I think it is a great idea that EVERYONE would get into. i mean who wouldn't want to custom design there own thing and have someone else make it haha...it just comes down to physical design of the case i think.

winyan

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
This would interest me, since ...

Delivered within a week.
There is such a lack of nice cases for women. Probably something in that tan/deerskin color I noted w/a strap, even a shoulder strap (very long,) perhaps w/a front pouch for Drivers licence and Credit card would be great.

win:sick:

Jun 14, 2007
There is a company called Vaja Cases that already does this. Each case is custom made to your order and you can choose from a bunch of colors & styles. They have everything from cell phone cases to laptop cases. But, they tend to be on the expensive side and it takes forever to get them. If you could come up with a good way to make the cases cheap and fast you might be onto something here.

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
To borrow from the messenger bag analogy, it sounds like you're wanting to introduce an iPhone product line that offers customization like Timbuk2.

Sounds cool to me. I'd recommend periodically throwing in limited edition fabric patterns. If it's possible to keep the costs reasonable, folks might be encouraged to buy a new case every year if the limited edition stuff is cool.

(p.s. try to find at least one material that's highly reflective, good for runners/bikers. As well as some various colors of neoprene.)