Fun, educational apps for 2 year olds

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by chris, Dec 30, 2013.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I've been buying all sorts of apps for my daughter. My focus is primarily on learning apps. Letters, shapes and numbers. She's had a blast with some of the 'games' and I use that word lightly. The Toca Boca games seem to be a hit with her, although the recent freebie Toca House doesn't seem as good as the others.

The best has to be Endless Alphabet. It's such a nice mix of shapes and letters. Plus, it's fun. She selects a word, which is followed by an animation of animals running across the screen displacing the letters. Her task is to drag the shape to the appropriate letter. When she does, the letter will wiggle and make the sounds of the letter. When she places it correctly, the game says the letter. When she's finished, the completed word is said, followed by a short, fun animation sequence and description. The whole exercise should help with letters, sounds, shapes and words. I get a kick out of watching her.

The same company makes BeBop Blox, also a good game for matching shapes. The Curious George app can get difficult, but I guess that means it'll have a longer shelf life. She's a big fan of George, so it's a hit.

Also of note is Mrs. Potato. It's a digital take on the classic. She can select any type of outfit and then it's exactly what you'd expect. Once you're done, there is a play area of sorts.

There are a number of others, but these are real popular right now at our house, in addition to Netflix.

Anyone have any others they'd like to recommend?

2. bergman15

bergman15 New Member

Jellytoon Toddler Quiz I think it's called. My niece really enjoys playing that.

3. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

4. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Thanks @Ledsteplin! I just downloaded it. Looks good and plenty of great reviews. I'll test it out tonight when my little one gets home.