Funambol - sync contacts w/o iTunes

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
its a pretty cool back-up tool...it uploads all your contacts to your own profile at http://my.funambol.com/ ... it works i can tell you that... Calendar, Notes, and Tasks don't work YET but Syncing contacts works Flawlessly all you have to do is register at my.funambol.com and then your good to go.. on Edge it doesn't take long at all to get your contacts to the site so basically you can back up from any where in the world

here are some screenshots

Jul 23, 2007
I like that you can sync wirelessly! Also anything that cuts (even a little bit) the umbilical cord from iPhone to iTunes is a plus with me.

Unfortunately I'm using yahoo to sync contacts, but I might change if calendar sync comes before yahoo's.

swampduck

Bronze
Oct 19, 2007
Looks like a cool app, but my only problem with this app, is that you are making personal info more readily available to those that want to steal it. You are putting info up on a site that as I near as I can tell isn't secure. In a world where we have to fight to keep our info private, I am not going to just make it readily available in the name of convenience.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Looks like a cool app, but my only problem with this app, is that you are making personal info more readily available to those that want to steal it. You are putting info up on a site that as I near as I can tell isn't secure. In a world where we have to fight to keep our info private, I am not going to just make it readily available in the name of convenience.
I am in full agreement with you. Syncing my info to my own computer is one thing. Syncing it to SOMEONE else is another. I say someone and not site because there has to be a someone in the background.

There is no control from the users end as to what happens with your contact information.

I will definitely be passing on this one.