Future iPhone needs

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Actually to tell you/EiC the truth I actually had a Blackberry this past week but didn't say anything hehe :(
-I didn't think I would be able to find one by the end of this week so I told my friend if he knew anyone who were selling an iPhone. . and many hours later Im at home with a Red blackberry pearl in my hands haha! Thing was the pearl IMO SUCKS at texting and emailing of sorts:mad: Because for some reason I just couldnt grasp the "suretype" thing where theirs 2 letters per key ya kno

Looked exactly like this except it were alittle worn from use and stuff, my friend was gonna sell it to me for $100 dollars but those stupid keys just slow me down coupled with its bad t9 guessing feature:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

snowcrash

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Removable Battery
LED Flash
LED Status light (blinks when you have an email, VM, missed call, etc.)
Supported Apple IntelliScreen type app
32Gb

Sep 2, 2008
Sending files via WiFi please!

I guess this wont happen because people will just share music, but perhaps this will be all ok if and when Apple launch iTunes Unlimited because then it wont matter, so long as all the users are on the iTunes Unlimited Plan...?

Aug 29, 2008
Wifi syncing
Better Bluetooth support(or something decent for wireless headsets)
Videocalling support maybe?
Better accelerometer
More powerful vibration(often don't even feel it in a loose pocket)

Sep 19, 2008
Wifi syncing
More powerful vibration(often don't even feel it in a loose pocket)
I agree wholeheartedly. The iPhone seamlessly jumps on my home wifi network, I would think it could work relatively the same with syncing to my computer. Just touch an icon on the home-screen and boom — your syncing. Or better yet, touch the icon and be presented with all of the options that you have to sync with in iTunes — then sync away! Throw in Flash for Safari, picture MMS, and more powerful vibration and now we're really talking about a complete package...

I'd like to bring up something that ZenJD mentioned back on page 2 with cut-and-paste. Lot's of people are certainly interested, but what really is the best way to make it work? And it not only does it just have to work, but it has to work seamlessly and intuitively within the context of how easy the iPhone is to use — the 'Apple' way.

Here's a sample clip posted on another thread that lays out one possible — somewhat complicated — solution; albeit with some humor:

http://www.tuaw.com/2007/08/08/found-footage-copy-and-paste-on-the-iphone-mockup/

So, how should it work? Like the video? Or maybe one finger for the loop and one to hit the home-button (or tiny icon on the menu bar?) to bring up an alert? Or how about this one; one finger to hold the loop — just hold it in place for 1 or 2 seconds and then drag it to highlight. Once something is highlighted, an alert pops up to copy, cut, or paste?

Ideas?

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
What features do you think the iPhone needs in addition to the ones in the 2.0 update?

I think it needs:

-video capture
-better SMS features (ie: forward SMSs, sending pictures, landscape keyboard)
-multimedia messaging
-zoom and autofocus for camera
-itunes store with music AND video/podcasts
-voice commands
-more memory (I watch a lot of videos, 16 gb is not enogh!) ( I have an 8 gb)
-flash player on safari
-ability to use picture as wallpaper for homescreen (like summerboard in jailbreak but safer)
-better tv output

By the way, how do you use bluetooth on iPhone. I don't know how.

all of those features can be updated with a Software update... not needed in a new iPhone... all they have to do is put in a few line of codes for anything THEY want... when they realeased 2.0 they listened to the Enterprise & Companys... why arent they listening to the MILLIONS of ppl who also have a iPhone...

and one thing to add:

- copy & paste

Twinnie

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
What I miss most is the file system. If JB iPhones ever get USB and Bluetooth mass storage profiles I'll be on it in a flash, I've got AirSharing on but it's not nearly as convenient as either Bluetooth or USB. Bluetooth can be hooked up to a computer in a flash (and disappears when the device isn't around rather than just sitting next to my hard drives like a lemon when it's not even there) and plugging a USB cable into something works on pretty much any computer without needing any kind of admin privileges, handy at the library and such.

samy

Bronze
Sep 23, 2008
California
All of the above things would be cool.
Please, at least the basic stuff you can get with any $9.99 phone out there. (MMS, Video), come on Apple.

It's just so stupid when I hear Steve doesn't like MMS?, thats just ridiculous.

DavidT

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Baltimore MD
Full and complete Outlook sync including Tasks and Alarms
appoinment alarms to snooze multiple times
full word and excell (easy sync onto phone)

GAO

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
Oklahoma
Multiple applications running at the same time.

jerni

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
GA
www.instagram.com
Multiple applications running at the same time.

Is your phone Jailbroken? Cydia released an app this week that allows you to run apps in the background. I'm sure it's useful but I don't have practical use for it myself so I don't have it to tell you how it works...It's called Backgrounder.:laugh2:

GAO

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
Oklahoma
Is your phone Jailbroken? Cydia released an app this week that allows you to run apps in the background. I'm sure it's useful but I don't have practical use for it myself so I don't have it to tell you how it works...It's called Backgrounder.:laugh2:
No, my phone isn't Jailbroken. I've considered doing that, but it seems to me with iPhone being an Apple product they should be thinking in terms of what an Apple computer can do. At least be working towards that idea. Even with the iPhone being a great product, there sure is a lot of room to make it a lot better.

-- GAO

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Okay, I've had my iPhone for 3 months now and I think I know what I want in my iPhone V3 dream phone:

4G Network - Up to 100 Mbps download/50 Mbps upload
AT&T TeleNav GPS Navigator
32GB Onboard Memory
A2DP Stereo Bluetooth
5 MP Camera with flash, 4x zoom and autofocus
Video Recorder with Audio
Video Conference Camera
MediaFlo Live Mobile TV
AM/FM Radio Tuner
Voice-Dialing
Home Screen & Icon Customization
User-replaceable battery
iPhone OS 3.0 - Includes push notifications, Adobe Flash/Shockwave, system-wide cut & paste

Did I miss anything? I'm skipping MMS because that's just a dying technology. A lot of FREE phones these days can do e-mail.

H

Hayesimus

I really wish people would quit saying MMS is a dying technology. I'd choose MMS over email every time. I hate email. If I want to email I will. But MMS is better for me.

bearon1

Bronze
Oct 6, 2008
a file manager and memory stick port would nice too.

ERASER

Jan 14, 2007
Okay, I've had my iPhone for 3 months now and I think I know what I want in my iPhone V3 dream phone:

4G Network - Up to 100 Mbps download/50 Mbps upload
AT&T TeleNav GPS Navigator
32GB Onboard Memory
A2DP Stereo Bluetooth
5 MP Camera with flash, 4x zoom and autofocus
Video Recorder with Audio
Video Conference Camera
MediaFlo Live Mobile TV
AM/FM Radio Tuner
Voice-Dialing
Home Screen & Icon Customization
User-replaceable battery
iPhone OS 3.0 - Includes push notifications, Adobe Flash/Shockwave, system-wide cut & paste

Did I miss anything? I'm skipping MMS because that's just a dying technology. A lot of FREE phones these days can do e-mail.
NICE, I'd like to see a solid Aluminum back as well. . .