Future iPhone Software w/ RF?

Jul 30, 2007
It would be nice if the the next generation iPhone would come with a RF transmitter. That way it could replace my garage door opener, car security alarm remote, remote to open my van door.... the possibilities are just endless. It could even be used as a TV remote. The Delphi software that showed an iPhone showing a vehicles diagnostic's was great.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
that is actually a pretty kewl idea, which at some point im shurr thats were the phone world will be headed. seems like we are gradually gettting closer to a device that does it all. slices and dices and makes mac&chees baby!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i thought of this idea the other day when i was fumbling around in my pocket for my keys.

sometime soon our phones will be everything we'll ever need to carry with us. ID, money, communication, entertainment, data storage, etc.

Jul 30, 2007
TV remotes use infrared, not RF. IR would be a sweet addition, but it would have to be powerful enough for remote work and most mobile IR isn't.
Actually that is not correct. My DirecTv remote works off of both IR or RF. On RF mode I don't have to have it pointed directly at the receiver.