future iPhones

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
i really hope that the future iPhones to come wont be as "revolutionary" as the 3g.
i mean, what you have to see here is that all these updates to the phone aren't making it better, they are just giving it common features of all other phones.
Apple has always done well controlling the music competition. with no real competitor, they get their say always. if Apple says we need it, we get it.

but it doesn't work like that in the phone market. In todays world, to cut off such bare essentials in a phone would kill it in 5 secs. now, of course, this is Apple, so they can get by.

newer Apple phones should focus on paving the way, not teaspooning us common features.

for instance, look at iPhone v1. it truly paved the ways in more ways than 1.
(1) phone makers could instruct suppliers on how to activate, etc.
(2) multi touch
(3) open app development

if the iPhone wants its continued iday success, it should focus on heading forward, instead of idling (like with the 3g)

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
Everyone needs to realize that Apple has only made one, well now two, cellphones. Nobody should expect them to be perfect right off the bat, and while they did a damn good job the first time, they still have things to learn. Also, no company can have a perfect product every time.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
no doubt. i didn't mean to insult the iPhone. i love the thing.
but the point is, the release of new phones shouldnt focus on shortcomings.
it should be about new evolutions for the phone

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
So are you saying that Apple should pay more attention to what their "Fans" want or like?
-Cause if they don't they cant just go jailbreak it and find something to do the job

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
So are you saying that Apple should pay more attention to what their "Fans" want or like?
-Cause if they don't they cant just go jailbreak it and find something to do the job
well no, its not that. just look at my last post. Apple does what others don't. it paves the way.
instead of focusing on shortcomings, Apple should focus on NEW