future iPod Nano?

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me

Is it just me or does this thing look very similar to the zune? Why would Apple want to copy microsoft? At first i didn't like the curved look of it, but its kind of growing on me. Either way, I will alwyas use an iPhone as my iPod :laugh2:

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I agree. That doesn't look nano or Apple at all. I call fake.

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Regarding the iPod line refresh and ? price drops that are rummored for Sept 08. Is there an event that these are going to be annouced at, if so when and where, or is this just minor issue?

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
I thought it was fake, but i just saw another story about it on macrumors....

http://www.macrumors.com/2008/08/24/ipod-nano-case-leaks-ipod-touch-to-have-gps/

The story also mentions that the source of the second picture were responsible for the leaked iPhone 3G case moldings, but if you notice the bottom of the rendering, there is no universal iPod dock connector. Very strange. You would think that if they made up the design completely by themselves, they would be smart enough to put the universal connector in there...

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
How long was it between the 2nd and 3rd generation Nano?

It seems to me to be too soon for them to revamp the form factor of the Nano. I thought it had just gotten popular again, after all of the "man the harpoons, kill the fatty!" mobbery died down.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Hm. Well, while they might revamp it again, I don't think the concept in the original post is accurate to the Nano...That'd mean you'd have to hold it sideways and have the buttons off to one side when watching a video. Apple wouldn't dare release something that asymmetrical and Zune-ish, IMO

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
Hm. Well, while they might revamp it again, I don't think the concept in the original post is accurate to the Nano...That'd mean you'd have to hold it sideways and have the buttons off to one side when watching a video. Apple wouldn't dare release something that asymmetrical and Zune-ish, IMO
Thats what I thought too. I like the concept of holding it sideways though, only because it allows for widescreen viewing. Then again I will not being buying a nano anyways so I don't care.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I honestly don't see the point of making the nano have a bigger screen...isn't that what the classic is for?

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Well, yeah, but as far as people who buy it for the clickwheel go. Different strokes for different folks...my boss loves his iPhone, but keeps a nano hanging around because he can control it without having to look at it or even take it out of his pocket.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i don't think i'll ever purchase an ipod with a hard drive in it ever again. Yes, it is nice having nearly your WHOLE music collection with you wherever you go, but the unreliability is just not worth it, imo.

So... assuming they can start making a nano in larger capacities (like 32GB), something similar to the concept above seems reasonable to me. Not everyone will want to pay the premium for an iPod Touch.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Turns out that is the real look, and it's growing on me. I like the vibrant colors of it and the new UI is pretty nice as well.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
The colors are certainly cool. I'm really liking the orange. The Nanos on the site look much better to me than the pre-release photos. I want to see the screen in action though, to see just how great the video is.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
I love the new colors also. I want to get all of them though just because in that ad they have with the paint dripping they all look cool lol.