future of iPod

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

nicekid

Jun 21, 2006
seeing as how Apple is going into the phone market with integrated phone and mp3 players what do u think is the future for us phoneless ipod lovers? any ideas?

TheFron

Bronze
Jun 18, 2006
I'm sure the iPhone would be a side job, meaning its still apart of the iPod family, but it wouldn't be the "6th Generation" of the iPod, but a cousin of sorts. kind of like the shuffle and nano.

Addicted

Jun 20, 2006
TheFron said:
I'm sure the iPhone would be a side job, meaning its still apart of the iPod family, but it wouldn't be the "6th Generation" of the iPod, but a cousin of sorts. kind of like the shuffle and nano.
yup! ipod definitely has a good future... many people want it now a days and it has become a kinda pride to use i pod .. it is fun .. it is sexy and has a beautiful sound quality... that makes ipod ESSENTIAL!

Aug 10, 2006
Yah Ipod's are very easy to use and very cool looking. I like how are they small and skinny :) I like the most that you can put lot of music and they and vids too

Jamal

Aug 13, 2006
As a poker player I know that I will always have a home for the phoneless Ipod. You are not allowed to have a phone at most of the poker tables so I need an Ipod if I want to listen to music while I play.

applegeek

Aug 17, 2006
I think that these phoneless Ipods are just going to keep getting bigger and better so that you will feel that you need to have both a phoneless and phoned Ipod. Apple knows what they are doing so they would not make the Ipod obsolete.

sumegha

Aug 16, 2006
I think these ipods are a great thing and they are just going to get better and better they have such slim body and amazing sound quality yet so small with such a good memory.And the features keep getting better day be day.

artp01

Oct 4, 2006
www.teenhut.net
It's natural to think about the future of iPod's but I think iPod will be there in it's own place. I have seen many using some other branded phone and also using iPod. So that market will be there always.

jessy

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
www.teenhut.net
Ipod is not going anywhere as far as they're concerned they have projected that sales will rise in the future. They are also releasing the new shuffle this weekend and have new products that are coming soon.

spunky

Nov 2, 2006
I don't think that the ipod will be going anywhere there is to much of a demand for it to get rid of it. its a big thing with teenagers and kids come along every day so the demand will remain.

you2

Bronze
Nov 22, 2006
As far as phoneless ipods are concerned I think in future the it will take a big task from Apple to improve upon the existing products and sustain the currently existing market.Two main challenges which they will face might be:
1.Battery life impovement
Apple has received a lot of flak about the infamously short battery life of an iPod. The most immediate challenge to Apple is to extend the life of the battery within the iPod as more features are added. The caveat is that the iPod cannot increase in size or weight. Lets see how they cope up with that.
2.Storage space
As new storage devices with bigger and better storage space keep on flooding the market Apple will have to reconsider the storage provided by them in IPOD so I think the storage space will keep on increasing as we move forward to next generation of I-pods