Future of the iPod Classic

Jan 23, 2013
One. It isn't my music. Two. I can't afford to pay more than I already do for data. Three. I like not needing it in one. Higher chance of having one work

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
One. It isn't my music. Two. I can't afford to pay more than I already do for data. Three. I like not needing it in one. Higher chance of having one work
All valid reasons, tho I doubt anyone has 1000 years to listen to all that music , playlists are a good way to manage your music when space is an issue. To each their own. Cloud services are slowly replacing the need for massive local storage but mobile data costs may be the last hurdle to overcome in order to entice more people to use it.

Sent using iCafe app

AmandaKess

Bronze
Feb 14, 2013
I certainly hope not. I know for the average person the space on their iPhone or Touch/Nano is enough, but for me it simply isn't. I listen to so much music storage and simplicity is an absolute must. I've always had a dedicated music device, even after the rise of the iPhone. I need to have at least 80 GB of space to have a library I'm comfortable with.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Since my subscription to iTunes Match, i've not felt the need to carry as much music with me at all times. I have a selection of albums and playlists locally on my phone, and everything else is available to stream/download if I want. Granted, this doesn't cover the odd situation of no network connectivity, but 99.999%, my full library is available at all times.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Since my subscription to iTunes Match, i've not felt the need to carry as much music with me at all times. I have a selection of albums and playlists locally on my phone, and everything else is available to stream/download if I want. Granted, this doesn't cover the odd situation of no network connectivity, but 99.999%, my full library is available at all times.
About how much more data per month do you use now that you're streaming your music? I haven't ever used iTunes Match, but that's always been one of my concerns when I consider it.

smf98aggie

Bronze
Dec 2, 2009
I know this is an old thread, but I have a 120gb iPod classic I traded my square iPod nano for back at Christmas time, and there are a couple things I'd love to see Apple update on it. I know with iPhones, iPod touches, Nanos, and every other touch screen device Apple has that gets on the internet; people probably wonder "Why would I ever need a Classic?". I used to think the same thing. I've had a couple iPhones, an iPod Touch, and a few Nanos in the past. They were fun to use, but having a smartphone (I now have a Lumia 920), I can do anything that an iPod Touch can do and more. And, my Nano was cool, but it was just too small and couldn't hold any videos. I have a video cable in my car where I can watch videos through an iPod classic on my DVD screen (the previous owner installed it). Well, it was useless with the Nano, so I traded for the Classic. No, it doesn't get on the internet, download apps, or anything else, but it does hold every song I have in my iTunes account and all the DVDs I can handle for long road trips with the kids :)
BUT, the TWO things I'd love to see an update on is 1. the ability to download content straight from iTunes to the device where I don't have to plug it into my computer, and 2. BlueTooth. I doubt Apple with ever do this, but it would be cool if they did.