FYI about accessories and Apple stores

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Talked to the SF store today and they said that for Thursday and Friday, if you want to come in just for accessories you'll still have to wait in the iPhone 4 line even though you're not buying a phone :(

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Well I'm looking for power support crystal film and some other (any other) case besides that bumper case. So far I see nothing online. And again just an FYI since last year they were letting people in; my store had two distinct lines when they opened. iPhone buyers and non-iphone buyers.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I got my 3G from AT&T and later that day went to Apple to get a car charger since the one for the v1 iPhone wouldn't charge the 3G. I walked right in. They may have changed the policy a bit but that's a bit annoying.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
i can confirm that you will have to wait in line even if you are not interested in buying an iPhone. Could you imagine if all the free sales people were wasting time selling cases to people walking in while you were patiently waiting in line?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Wasting time helping other paying customers that waited sometimes for hours trying again and again online to purchase an iPhone 4 for pre-order? The blasphemy.

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Wasting time helping other paying customers that waited sometimes for hours trying again and again online to purchase an iPhone 4 for pre-order? The blasphemy.
Exactly! I .may still stop by and try on Friday but I agree its very annoying. Only reasoning I can see is that most likely lines will be two, three times longer than ever before. Possibly anyways. And yeah it took me a total of 9 hours to get mine ordered for the 24th, so I think I've paid my dues.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
but you could agree that had your order not gone through and you had to wait in line for your phone, you wouldn't like it if the sales people were all helping pre-order customers with cases as they freely walked in without waiting while you were still waiting in line still without a phone right?

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
So this implies that all Apple stores and salespple will ONLY be selling and activating iPhones tomorrow? Nothing else will be done or sold? This sounds slightly absurd.

Silent Assassin

Zealot
Gold
Mar 24, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Well I'm looking for power support crystal film and some other (any other) case besides that bumper case. So far I see nothing online. And again just an FYI since last year they were letting people in; my store had two distinct lines when they opened. iPhone buyers and non-iphone buyers.
Best Buy has accessories in.. they just started putting them on the shelf last night...

Accessories, and no phones... way to go Best Buy... HAHAHAHA