G-Mail settings problem.

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by iPutz, Apr 1, 2013.

1. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

When I set up a G-Mail account on my computer, using Microsoft Outlook, I have the option to leave a copy of a downloaded e-mail on the server or delete it as soon as it is downloaded onto my computer and I choose to delete it from the server as soon as Outlooks gets the e-mail. I have also had the same option on my iPhone 5 and iPad 3 and have always choosen to leave a copy on the server, after deleting it from the inbox and trash folders. This leaves my PC as the only device which will delete the e-mail upon download. However, the G-mail settings on the iPhone and iPad do not allow for leaving a message on g-mail's servers after it is deleted from the two mobile devices. Does anyone know if it is possible to have a message left on G-mail's server once it is totally deleted from an iDevice? I am running iOS 6.1.3 on both devices.

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I have cut and pasted the paragraph below from this site:

Credit should go to "JustMe'D".

(I edited it to make it a bit easier to follow.)

"Log in to your gmail via the Safari browser, specifically from your desktop computer or using the desktop site view on a mobile device, then go to 'Settings' (the gear icon), and then 'Forwarding and POP/IMAP.' From there, under "POP download," you will find three steps. Under "1" you can either disable POP or leave it enabled, then under "2" select the appropriate option for your needs from the pull-down menu. That should do it for you."

Hope this helps. :)

3. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I'll give it a try and let you know how it works out. Thanks in advance.

4. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I tried the method suggested in the link you provided but just could not get G-Mail to leave a copy of an e-mail on their server once it was deleted from either my iPhone or iPad. I gave up and deleted the G-Mail account and got an additional address from my ISP. I do however appreciate your efforts, thank you.

Sent from my iPad3

5. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

It was my pleasure; sorry it didn't work out.