Galaxy 2 Skyrocket

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nur2652, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Nur2652

Nur2652 Member
    Bronze

My iPhone 4 is crapping out on me and failing me more and more everyday. It'll be 2 years old in June. I don't know anybody with a Galaxy, but I hear it's AWESOME. Any info or thoughts on the Galaxy 2 Skyrocket? Thanks.

2. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Yeah, I heard it sucks.

3. Christopher Meinck

Christopher Meinck Administrator
    Administrator

If you don't have 4G in your area, then you might want to consider the S II.

Make sure you purchase it at a place where you can return it for an iPhone.

4. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

The problem with all these new phones that are coming is that they run Android. Stick with iOS. You can stray but I suggest you save your money and just stick with the iPhone. I've been there. Spent hundreds on Android and Win7 phones only to come back. Never again! :)

5. Nur2652

Nur2652 Member
    Bronze

Yeah no 4G in my area. Or maybe I do. But I was told by Apple that only the iPhone 4S could get 4G, not the iPhone 4.

6. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

iPhone 4S doesn't have a 4G radio.

I have a Skyrocket and it's ok. It's fun at first because customizing can be done but that wore off quickly with me so I now just use my iPhone 4S. If you want to play with a Skyrocket, get the Skyrocket HD.

7. Apple iAddicted

Apple iAddicted Contributor
    Bronze

I had a galaxy s 2 a month before i got my iPhone4s in in fact gamaxy s 2 is why i switched, before that i was a dedicated Android junky. Anyway i tossed the 2 1/2 week old galaxy 2 on a table had a gel skin on it and the screen shattered across the top. Problem was in the construction of the casing the screws go in little tiny metal rivits on a plastic frame the screen cracked right along the line of screws, now unlike iPhone the Androids don't work with busted screens. They are making their screen too large and casing too thin, if you get an galaxy 2 buy an otterbox right with it or the least little bump in the right spot will shatter your screen and you will either be doing insurance if you have it or crying over a busted phone that is crap. And this is from a guy who used to be so dedicated to Android i had the droid kills iPhone ringtone and an Android smashing a iPhone back grownd. Stick with iPhone i learned the hardway lol