Galaxy S II and Droid Bionic Competing with Apple's Ecosystem, Not iPhone 5

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Great article. What else is there to say, the guy is spot on.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I'm not so sure about the 3GS competing with the galaxy II, maybe the iPhone 4, but with the price of the 3GS who knows, only time will tell.

Or maybe I'm just tired lol

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Whether it's idealogical or simply "image" issues, some people will never, ever, ever buy an Apple product regardless of how good it is.

Open source everything is great in theory... but so was communism.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I'm not so sure about the 3GS competing with the galaxy II, maybe the iPhone 4, but with the price of the 3GS who knows, only time will tell.

Or maybe I'm just tired lol
I think the author was making the point that the ecosystem is a vital part of phone ownership, not necessarily hardware.

Dec 17, 2008
PA
I wouldn't mind having the HSDPA/HSPA+ on the Galaxy.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iCafe app

Hillbilly

Bronze
Feb 9, 2011
From the linked article: "When you have an Android handset you can never be certain how long you will have to wait for an OS update. What we mean by this is that the HTC Thunderbolt is still waiting for Gingerbread 2.3, and we are talking about one of HTC’s and Verizon’s top selling handsets. Users know that they never get this issue with Apple, as you only have one new phone released in a year and when iOS gets an upgrade all iPhone users get it – minus one or two features for the older models that is."

If that were only true! Verizon iPhone users wait and wait for OS updates. So while I agree that waiting on OS updates is not an issue with Apple per se, waiting for Apple products to be updated on VZW is an issue but it's that way with all phone types, or that's my experience.