Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Napoleon PhoneApart, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I don't think hiding posts with spoiler tags is necessary in discussion threads. People should know better and stay away from them until they are caught up. It makes browsing the threads tedious. They should be used in places where people might inadvertently stumble upon spoilers, though. Anyway, here it is since you asked:
    image.jpg

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The ending to Game of Thrones Season 5 edited to mimic the ending of Breaking Bad.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Alternate Season 5 ending. The music cracked me up.

4. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Thanks Mindi. I know I've taken painstaking measures to avoid certain threads in the past, so I agree with you. That being said...

Spoiler Alert!

Disclaimer: While I've read the books, the HBO series have hugely departed from the novels in too many ways to count. My comments and questions are constrained to the TV series. Incidentally, the end of season 5 *roughly* correlates with the end of the 5th and final book. If you were to read all the books between now and next season you'd be up to date with the show, at least where they are still *rarely* on the same path. If you're jonesing for GOT you should pick up the books because you'll get tons of backstory as well as plenty of surprises!

I'm curious what y'all think about situations at the end of the season.

1. Daenerys - Surrounded by a Dothraki Khalasar, are they friend or foe? Do they know who she is? Will Drogon save her again as he did in the penultimate episode of the season?

I'm not sure if there are any remnants from Khal Drogo's Khalasar, but according to Dothraki custom widowed Khaleesi are supposed to spend the rest of their days at Vaes Dothrak. Will they try to take her back to the only Dothraki city, or do they seek vengeance for her role in turning Khal Drogo into a zombie?

2. Sansa & Reek/Theon - Was their jump from the wall of Winterfell a suicide attempt? I know Sansa was ready to die rather than face long nights with her husband Ramsay, but maybe the snow drifts were deep enough to effect an escape? Sansa managed to get a candle lit in the tower (the same tower her brother Bran fell from in Season 1, Episode 1.) Though the woman who told her to do so was murdered, will aid still come?

When I saw the army coming out to meet Stannis I thought at first it was an army of Northerners that The Lord of Light had magically rallied pursuant the royal blood sacrifice. No dice Lady Melisandre.

3. Brienne & Poddrick - Brienne, having exacted justice against Stannis for killing her beloved Renly, will now return her focus to finding/protecting Lady Sansa, if she's still alive.

I'm hoping Sansa and Theon survived their fall. Or at least Sansa. Given the opportunity, I bet Sansa gives Brienne a second chance.

4. Jamie and Myrcella - I didn't see the poisoned kiss coming but called it as it happened. Brutal to kill a child like that, but payback's often rough. I can only imagine how Jaime and Cersei will respond.

5. Cersei - Poor, poor Cersei, why is she being judged so harshly again? :D

6. Tyrion - Does he always talk this much? ;)

7. John Snow - What will all the Wildlings do since he was assassinated? There aren't enough Night's Watch to fight them all.

#124 Kadelic, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

The Mountain will probably be doing the Walk of Rampaging Vengeance next season. :D

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

1. Not sure, but they definitely know who she is.
    2b. It's a long jump, but I think there was enough snow to cushion their fall and they will survive.
    2a.I don't think it was a suicide attempt. Brienne left right before Sansa lit the candle.
    2c.It was Brienne who told her to light the candle. She's still alive and I think she'll go back to save her now that she's killed Stannis. I was really hoping to see Theon kill Ramsey. Maybe next season.
    5. That scene really got to me. It was too much. Maybe it's because what's she's done isn't fresh in my mind like Stannis burning his daughter and Ramsey raping Sansa. I don't know. I hate to admit it, but I hope she regains power and burns the city.
    6. Yes, and I love every minute of it. :D
    7. The ice-zombie apocalypse is coming. Bringing the Wildings over should have been the least of their worries. Now that they've murdered Jon, I'm rooting for the White Walkers at this point.

I care more about Arya that any other character and can't wait to see where the story goes with her. That kill was brutal - one of the most intense in the entire series.

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

"I have come here to chew bubble gum and kill Crows - and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Dez5OGv.jpg

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Why did Jon Snow stand in line at the Apple Store?

image.jpg

Okay. You can ban me now.

9. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

image.jpg

10. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

On the subject of Gregor Clegane, any chance his reanimated corpse might be the Queen Mother's new Champion? ;)

11. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

There's talk about a Clegane Bowl where the Mountain and the Hound fight for Cersei and the High Sparrow respectively in trial by combat during Cersei's trial. All speculation at best.

12. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Given your affinity for The Hound, I still wonder which side you'd be rooting for. I have no love for Cersei, but there's a good reason the Targaryens did away with the Sparrows many years ago. Just like the forum rules suggest, religion and politics a good mix don't make. ;)

13. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Fascinating segment with co-producer/writer Bryan Cogman as he talks with several of the actors who played characters who have died on the show. The characters represented are Shae, Jojen Reed, Joffrey, Tywin lannister, Ygritte, Grenn, and Prince Oberyn Martell, Very interesting takes on their favorite scenes and their deaths.

The two minutes or so devoted to Jojen's death (at 19:47 in the video) is hilarious, in my opinion.

[NSWF](language)

14. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

15. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

16. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

You're totally right. I didn't think that sentence through.

17. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

18. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

image.jpg

19. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

20. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

And poor Sansa looks...uh, constipated?