Games on the iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 16, 2007
I've noticed everywhere that people are putting game on their iPhone. I've been told that this voids the warranty. How does that make sense? So Apple is the only commander for installing programs on our iPhone? Other phones you can install software and it does not void your warranty. Anyway, I want these games but where is everyone getting them from? Who is making them? And how do I put them on my iPhone?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I've noticed everywhere that people are putting game on their iPhone. I've been told that this voids the warranty. How does that make sense? So Apple is the only commander for installing programs on our iPhone? Other phones you can install software and it does not void your warranty. Anyway, I want these games but where is everyone getting them from? Who is making them? And how do I put them on my iPhone?
You have covered a lot of ground with your questions. I thinks it's best if you read the forums here to get a better handle on the iPhone application hacking situation.

But in a nutshell, about the only games people are talking about here that are not apple-sanctioned are NES games, playable through the NES emulator app. Lots of information here about NES, but you need to hack your iPhone in order to install it.

Most other games are playable through Safari--you just need the URL. Here's a start:
http://www.macmost.com/iPhonegames/

--
Mike