Games to play with other people

Popdevil

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Are there any games that use edge or wifi so youc an play muti-player? I was thinking about getting the Texas Holdem game but not much funt to only play with AI.

Popdevil

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
anyone know if their are apps that can do this?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I know Tap Tap Revenge allows two players to be simultaneously playing against each other.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
The only one I've heard of being actually online live multiplayer is the texas hold'em.

I can't BELIEVE that more developers aren't releasing or havne't yet released more online multiplayer games. I mean this is a PHONE platform where youre connected most all the time, be it edge, 3g or wifi. Seems it would be the perfect platform for online gaming.

I for one love online games and hope that there are more released in the near future to really kick things off.

Be it, massively multiplayer online games (MMOG) or maybe even a system like say....pogo.com, where everyone plays a lot of games to earn tokens and maybe, use them for buying apps or something like that. They don't have to be graphic intensive or cpu hogs, just simplistic puzzle or racing or adventure 2 player games.

Anyways. I dunno of any other online games for the iPhone yet to be short and answer your question.

P.S. I thought I read somewhere that Aurora Feint had a Multiplayer mode, correct me?

jlhollander

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
Chicago, IL
I believe that the Scrabble game from EA has 4 way ad-hoc (wifi) multiplayer.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Ad-hoc multiplayer gameplay is truly killer on the DS, I believe Apple would be shooting themselves in the foot before they even really got moving, if they do not totally push this kind of capability.

DS Download & Play is also awesome. for example be able to, over wifi either ad-hoc or via the internet, give someone a demo of an app that will work for a few moments or until they quit the app. Or if it's a free app, simply copy it over.

Popdevil

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
The only one I've heard of being actually online live multiplayer is the texas hold'em.
I heard Texas Holdem was NOT online, only able to play against AI.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
I heard Texas Holdem was NOT online, only able to play against AI.
no read the description in the app store you can play over wifi only with people on your wifi network who also have texas holdem. which is still pretty dumb imo i don't know anyone who has an iPhone, knows how to play texas holdem, and is willing to come over to play a game lol.

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
yeah, its stupid, i thought texas holdem would work off something like the PSP or DS.

Where is there a network around the streets :S? That you can easily access just to play poker.
still, i play the computer.

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
:S where can i ge tthat game on iPhone?

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
It kind of sucks though. Not really playable. But they are promising an update.

Here's a review.
http://www.tiltgamer.com/2008/graal-zone/

Maybe that's why it's not available anymore.

EDIT:
Ah yes, when I start the app and put it in player vs player mode, it logs on and says this message:

So look for it in a week.