Gaming iOS or Android

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by iDapzZ, Nov 11, 2014.

1. iDapzZ

iDapzZ Member
    Bronze

Ok so I've been toying getting rid of my plus and getting a note 4 but from what I gather gaming is better on the iPhone than android.

Is the ram not starting to change this.

And if gaming is better on this how comes pc gaming is apparently far beyond Mac.

Just curious so someone more intelligent can educate me

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Have you looked at the games available in the Google Play Store as compared to what's in the App Store. There is no comparison. If you are serious about gaming, the iPhone 6 Plus is the better option. I'd recommend looking at your top 5 games. Are they available on Android? If you switched, what you be missing?

3. Santa

Santa Evangelist
    Gold

Yep. Although I was tempted to jump to Android land this time around, one of the reason I stayed with the iPhone is that there seems to be near universal agreement that the app experience (especially games) is better with iOS. Partly unified hardware. Partly the OS. Partly market share.

Re. the RAM. I don' think that's going to be a problem running a game. It may be a problem pausing the game, jumping to email/Safari/..., and going back to the game. It's more likely to get swapped out with only 1Gb.

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I swear this RAM thing is going to keep the allies from winning the war.

5. iDapzZ

iDapzZ Member
    Bronze

I don't really no if it makes a difference ram.

All I no is when I watch videos the iPhone's are always good looking and smooth and android are a bit laggy here and there.

But I wonder with the huge specs on android if their going to push beyond the capabilities gaming wise of Apple that's pretty much what I should I asked in the first place lol

6. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

Keep your iPhone and get an iPad for gaming.

7. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Having used a variety of Android devices, none have been able to replicate the buttery smooth performance of the iPhone. I heard one report that Lollipop is a big improvement, but reserving judgment until I see it.

This isn't going to help.

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Big numbers on a spec sheet don't always tell the whole story. You really can't compare numbers from different hardware/chips, etc. Hardware/software integration is a big consideration as well.

9. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

We all know how well (and how bad) iOS runs (most of the time), another thing to consider... how would iOS run if given top spec Android hardware? It would probably be all kinds of awesome, but hopefully without the cheap plastic ;)

10. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

On the other side, how well would Android run with better hardware/software integration and optimization?

11. Scottman9899

Scottman9899 New Member

Games should work quite well esp the latest generations. How much less would the battery last with more ram? ... Apple is NOT throwing stuff into their devices like android and it seems we have a well balanced configuration.

12. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Against my better judgement I am going to jump into this one..

RAM does matter..

Lets say you are close to maxed out, I posted screenshots in another thread on this, at boot. Now you open several apps and let them run in the background. Sure iOS does a stellar job of managing it's limited resources, but.. Now you open a game and perhaps this is a game that uses a lot of RAM. What do you think happens to all the apps and processes running in the background? Well, iOS will shut them down to make room for what the game you are playing wants..

Is this a mega problem? Well it could be depending. Then again it could be meaningless. It depends on your usage.

Anywho, If I were a big gamer (I'm not and have one game, Letterpress, on my phone) I'd probably go with an Android device that offers more than 1GB.

I will now go stand in the corner with my dunce hat on.. :p

#12 raqball, Nov 12, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  13. iDapzZ

iDapzZ Member
    Bronze

So basically iOS is the much better phone for gaming but if multi tasking is crucial more than 1 ram maybe necessary i mainly use my phone for text. Facebook Twitter and games so I guess this is ideal based off that

14. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I am going to quote what is the best advise given in this thread.

^^^ What he said! ^^^

If all you are doing on your phone is gaming, texting, Facebook and Twitter then the iPhone will be fine as who cares if iOS temporarily shuts Twitter down...

#14 raqball, Nov 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2014
  15. Njshoremom4gurlz

Njshoremom4gurlz Contributor
    Silver

I found apps crashing on android even silly candy crush lol

16. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

In all fairness I get more app crashes in iOS than on current Androids running 4.4.4.. I get zero, nadda, zilch for crashes in Windows Phone 8.1..

17. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

as far as crashes i find both android and ios about the same. but no doubt when you JB the iphone and root the android. the iphone then becomes a a daily crasher compaired to android. your mileage may vary:)

18. diverdown

diverdown Contributor
    Silver

All of the games I play are on both iOS and Android. My Z3 plays games just as smooth as the 6+......

~S

19. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

My mileage definitely varies from yours. No crashes on my jailbroken iPhone.

20. alicepattinson

Bronze

I prefer using android in gaming because many cheap and budget friendly android device has a good GPU.