Gaming while Otterboxed?

winterymix

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
St. Albans, WV
Hey guys,

I recently got an Otterbox Defender for my iPhone. I game a lot, and play some that use data also, (like Baseball Slugger). I'm a little concerned that my phone might be getting super hot inside the case without me realizing it. Just worried that this might cause some damage. Anyone have any insight?

-Winterymix

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
If it gets hot in the case you, will feel it through the case. I don't think its a big deal, or anything to worry about. I have never had problems with mine getting hot because of it being in a case.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
You'll be fine. If it hurts to hold, take it to Apple.

uRabbit

Bronze
Jul 13, 2009
Remember, it's an iPhone. Made by Apple.
No Red Rings of Death or Blue Screen of Death here!
*jab*

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
*jab*

just the pink screen of death... Or DFU mode..

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
*jab*

just the pink screen of death... Or DFU mode..
I have had the PSOD. The same iPhone that experienced it recovered completely. As long as it doesn't brick, I am a happy camper. Who would want to shell out a couple hundred clams to have a device prone to bricking?

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
No problems gaming while otterboxed here!

I did apply a anti-glare protector to rid the case screen of the water-marks which works great, the only complaint being I have to press just a taaad harder sometimes while gaming and typing, mostly in the corners.

:eek:k:eek:k

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
No problems gaming while otterboxed here!

I did apply a anti-glare protector to rid the case screen of the water-marks which works great, the only complaint being I have to press just a taaad harder sometimes while gaming and typing, mostly in the corners.

:eek:k:eek:k
The baby powder method works also, without sensitivity loss.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
The baby powder method works also, without sensitivity loss.
yes dude but that's like, atom sized dust floating between two layers!

I mean I know there's atom sized dust and grime on there somewhere but atleast I know I didn't do it!

I actually thought about using the baby powder trick bit figured I'd give the protector a fighting chance first.