GapGate with the new Note 4

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I've seen 4 or 5 displays in best buy and at&t stores and none of them showed any gaps that are any different than what I've seen on the Note 3 or S5. There may be some manufacturing defects in early runs but I don't think it is poor design, whereas with the iPhone 6 plus I'm worried about the integrity of the frame of the phone. It wouldn't have hurt to make this thing just a tad thicker giving it a little more strength and perhaps eliminating the bug-eyed camera protrusion with the added thickness. That said, loving my 6+. Cant wait for my Note 4 preorder to get here so I can have the best of both worlds.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I've seen 4 or 5 displays in best buy and at&t stores and none of them showed any gaps that are any different than what I've seen on the Note 3 or S5. There may be some manufacturing defects in early runs but I don't think it is poor design, whereas with the iPhone 6 plus I'm worried about the integrity of the frame of the phone. It wouldn't have hurt to make this thing just a tad thicker giving it a little more strength and perhaps eliminating the bug-eyed camera protrusion with the added thickness. That said, loving my 6+. Cant wait for my Note 4 preorder to get here so I can have the best of both worlds.
The sad thing is that Samsung released as statement about it claiming the gap is by design. If it's by design, why don't all of them have it?

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
The sad thing is that Samsung released as statement about it claiming the gap is by design. If it's by design, why don't all of them have it?
Not sure why that disclaimer is there other than to perhaps cover themselves against expansion of dissimilar materials. There is a small gap but there has always been a small gap between the outer ring of the Galaxy devices. Perhaps in the initial batch there may have been some units that are worse but this is a minor issue that should be correctable. While it won't turn me away from my iPhone 6+ the issue of it bending is of far more concern to me than having a little gap between the glass and bezel. This is the first time I've actually gone out and spent the $100 on Applecare. I'm careful with my phones but I always carry them in my pocket when out and about. I refuse to use a holster and I'm not going to have one hand dedicated to my phone at all times. Nor am I going to have a ridiculous "murse" or fanny pack :)

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
i guess if you live in a place like utah or texas you now have 2 holsters 1 for gun and 1 for you phablet:)